Message from WME: F*** Maia, Romero - and the fans

Mob69

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The GSP-Bisping MW title fight is appalling in itself.

But the real problem is what it demonstrates about the priorities of WME. They don't care less about the sport, its credibility - or even the integrity of the brand they just splashed out $4bn dollars on. This is nothing other than a short-term cash grab.

WME purchased a company they can't really afford. To pay the debt, they need to double revenue. So they are turning it into a circus, instead of a sport-spectacle blend.

The USP of the UFC was always that, unlike boxing, it had credibility. Being a circus killed boxing. It will kill the UFC.

The message WME sent out today is this: Fuck Maia, fuck Romero, and fuck the fans who have invested years of their lives in this thing.

Fuck you, WME. Fuck you, Lorenzo, for selling to these sharks. We now need a fighters' union to ensure there is some sporting merit in title fights.

Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. These idiots are killing the sport. And Dana White is going along with it.

I'm out. I can't live MMA if it's WWE with a less satisfying outcome. If I wanted that, I'd subscribe to the WWE Network instead.

We should have Romero vs Jacare 2 for the Interim, lmao

Joao Rodrigo and Caiman BTFO

GSP is walking contradiction.

Claims he's too small for Anderson and now wants to fight the weakest MW champ since Evan Tanner in Bisping.

Claims he cares about the fighters with the MMAAA, then screws over both Jacare and Yoel by jumping the line.

Never says anything about PEDs during his entire career, then starts making noise before the Hendricks fight when he knew it was going to be his last fight before his break.

Georges is a fraud.

I think now is the time for fighters to come together. Yoel, Jacare, Maia and others affect have to stand together and demand a meritocracy to the rankings or ask to be released from their contracts. What is the point of rankings if nothing comes of them? Why continue to win and just hope that you get a title shot? I think they have a legal case if they tried. It's disgusting. You're either sport or entertainment. If you want to be full on entertainment, remove the rankings and rebrand yourself. Stop trying to pretend to be legit.

It's all about the short term profit, playa.

Fuck those pompous libtard Zionist pieces of shit WME. They've fucked up UFC beyond repair. This is war.

There's a 100% chance Anderson Silva gets the next title shot if St-Pierre wins. Romero and Jacare will be 50 by the time they get title shots, LMAO.

yoel-romero-like-a-boss.png

Maia isn't a PPV draw. He doesn't have enough fans.

I like GSP but gifting him an immediate MW title shot is bullshit. I've had enough of WME.

They have wrecked Joe Silva's legacy in weeks.

The GSP-Bisping MW title fight is appalling in itself.

But the real problem is what it demonstrates about the priorities of WME. They don't care less about the sport, its credibility - or even the integrity of the brand they just splashed out $4bn dollars on. This is nothing other than a short-term cash grab.

WME purchased a company they can't really afford. To pay the debt, they need to double revenue. So they are turning it into a circus, instead of a sport-spectacle blend.

The USP of the UFC was always that, unlike boxing, it had credibility. Being a circus killed boxing. It will kill the UFC.

The message WME sent out today is this: Fuck Maia, fuck Romero, and fuck the fans who have invested years of their lives in this thing.

Fuck you, WME. Fuck you, Lorenzo, for selling to these sharks. We now need a fighters' union to ensure there is some sporting merit in title fights.

Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. These idiots are killing the sport. And Dana White is going along with it.

I'm out. I can't live MMA if it's WWE with a less satisfying outcome. If I wanted that, I'd subscribe to the WWE Network instead.

fWx327.gif

1ieza3.gif

Money fights

Money fights

Money fights

Welcome to the McGregor era!

Back