How does GSP vs bisping play out?

myjohnson9

GOAT
@Silver
Reaction score
I feel bisping is one of the tougher matchups for GSP because of his footwork and tdd.

Also bisping will be the much larger man in the octagon. Out of all the matchups I feel that bisping is one of the tougher wins for GSP.

GSP is a smart fighter and I feel he realizes this is likely his only chance to ever move up and win the belt. What do you think sherdog? Does GSP have what it takes to beat bisping?

Very boring point fest.

We need to make noise and get this shit canceled like we did with Robbie/Johny III

Oh and if GSP wins, he runs from Yoel. Fast.

Size will be an issue here. As will chin/power. GSP couldn't finish WWs, I don't see him finishing Bisping. Big 185ers struggled to take Bisping down (like Chael), so I'm not sure GSP will have a ton of success. I think Bisping takes this.

yoel and jacare are nightmare matchups for gsp

oh and for the champ as well.

Tougher match ups LOL....

Literally everyone of the top 5 would crush GSP. Bisping is the only fight where you could say its 50-50. Bisping in all honesty shouldn't be any where near the top 5. Rockhold fucked up the division with his arrogance.

Very boring point fest.

We need to make noise and get this shit canceled like we did with Robbie/Johny III

Oh and if GSP wins, he runs from Yoel. Fast.
Gsp wins he fights Nick at MW. Yoel gets popped for peds again.

There will be less contact than a point karate match.

Bisping via UD or late TKO.

GSP will get the takedowns on him for sure, but I don't see him holding Bisping down - dude has great scrambles and ability to get back to his feet.

I think Mike is too big and strong, and his striking volume at his size will be a problem for Georges.

the audience lookin like this

U97zjR.gif

GSP out works Bisping for a decision win.

Bisping via UD or late TKO.

GSP will get the takedowns on him for sure, but I don't see him holding Bisping down - dude has great scrambles and ability to get back to his feet.

I think Mike is too big and strong, and his striking volume at his size will be a problem for Georges.
Condit, Diaz and Shields are a comparable size as BispIng.

I guess the big question is will gsp's long lay off affect him negatively? very possible... bisping also has very good take down defense. I'm guessing bisping will win a decision

25 minutes of patented GSP Ultimate Kneehumping Championship

I see it as a very close fight.

I don't think GSP's rangy jab/low kick game is gonna work against Bisping. His outside takedowns might work, though. I feel like he might be able to take Bisping down with some of his explosive takedowns, that he knows how to disguise very well with those nice set ups. I just don't know if he's gonna be able to do so often enough to win the fight. Bisping is a pretty tough guy to keep on the ground, but GSP is amazing at controlling guys there, so I think he could definitely do that to Bisping as well..

IMO GSP will suffer with Bisping's boxing/distance/footwork and is gonna have some trouble on the feet. He'l probably have his moments, taking Mike down a couple of times and controlling him there, but I think that, at the end of the day, Bisping wins by decision or even TKO.

You can't just ignore the fact that GSP hasn't fought in over 4 years or something and that he always took a huge advantage of having a great reach for the division and good fotwork to keep that distance. He's whole game was based around keeping it on the outside and Bisping will be just fine at that distance, I see him landing combos all night, if it stays on the feet.

Last edited:
Condit, Diaz and Shields are a comparable size as BispIng.

You think so, man? I don't know about that. Bisping is a big boy. I see him as stronger and more powerful than all of those guys. Not by very much, though. Those are huge welterweights right there indeed.

You think so, man? I don't know about that. Bisping is a big boy. I see him as stronger and more powerful than all of those guys. Not by very much, though. Those are huge welterweights right there indeed.
I do think so. GSP did well against big WW's and Bisping isn't much larger than the above mentioned guys.

I do think so. GSP did well against big WW's and Bisping isn't much larger than the above mentioned guys.

Yeah, he did. But none of them had the distance game that Bisping has. Plus, ring rust is a real thing, man. 4 years is a long time.

Bisping has better boxing, good takedown defense, great scrambling, great cardio, and normally comes up with a good gameplan.

Definitely not a cakewalk for gsp.

GSP has been retired for what, 4 years? He is much smaller and is used to using his reach to jab from distance which just won't work against someone 4 inches taller than him. The size difference will make takedowns very difficult as well.

Bisping by late TKO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back