*Video* El Cucuy / Eagle Highlight Reels

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
In the spirit of building up into a frenzy the REAL main event which is now only DAYS away, thought I'd post up a couple of highlight reels from BOTH of these beasts, and let my fellow sherdoggers revel in what a truly epic match-up this is going to be.

First, The BOOGEYMAN - Tony "El Cucuy" Ferguson. NINE fight win streak, against the top guys at lightweight. Wild, unpredictable style, big power in his hands. Nasty elbows, nasty chokes. Insane cardio and durabilty. NEVER in a boring match-up:

Next up - Khabib "The Eagle" Nurmagomedov. EIGHT fight win streak. >24-0<. One of the most dominating fighters we have seen at lightweight. BRUTAL grappler with insane top pressure, GnP, and nasty subs. Rarely comes out of a fight with even a scratch. That's just how one-sided his fights have been thus far:

Make no mistake about it - This is THE fight of UFC 209. For all the bragging rights, and the shot at Conor McGregor. Whoever wins this is the uncrowned champion.

I agree with mostly everything apart from the last statement. They both pose problems for Conor but Conor is a big problem for either of em. They both posses huge defensive flaws that a counter striker like Conor will exploit.

I agree with mostly everything apart from the last statement. They both pose problems for Conor but Conor is a big problem for either of em. They both posses huge defensive flaws that a counter striker like Conor will exploit.

We shall see.

Conor has great command of distance, and frightening pin-point accuracy with that left hand.

But, all it takes from Khabib is one TD, and he's done. Can he clip and KO him shooting in? For sure. Will he be able to before Khabib can get his mitts on him? Not 100% convinced he can. If Eagle gets him down, he will be in a world of hurt.

Cucuy vs McG is another intriguing match-up, but I will use Nate as my measuring stick here. Tony has a nasty jab like Diaz, with bigger power in his hands, and an even slightly longer reach than Diaz. Plus, he has an underrated kicking game to mix things up, and much better wrestling. He DOES tend to leave his chin up in exchanges, which very well COULD lead to Conor starching him with that big left. BUT - he has also, like Nate, shown to have a VERY solid chin, and ability to recover quickly when hurt.

I think EITHER of these guys poses a big danger to McGregor, and I do feel that whoever wins this will most likely be the new LW king.

I consider the winner of this the best at 155. The title shots are not given by any methodology, and are simply awarded by popularity. At this point, I have McGregor behind Diaz and ahead of Alvarez, but the whole division, like many of them, is a shambles bordering on a farce. These two have earned their stripes in the division, and have stood out above the rest for awhile now. Much like Romero and Jacare have.

edit - I do think McGregor has decent to good odds of beating either of these guys, though. He just hasnt proven enough, or done enough work in the division to be solidly ranked anywhere, yet.

Can't wait for this fight.
The real Main.

We shall see.

Conor has great command of distance, and frightening pin-point accuracy with that left hand.

But, all it takes from Khabib is one TD, and he's done. Can he clip and KO him shooting in? For sure. Will he be able to before Khabib can get his mitts on him? Not 100% convinced he can. If Eagle gets him down, he will be in a world of hurt.

Cucuy vs McG is another intriguing match-up, but I will use Nate as my measuring stick here. Tony has a nasty jab like Diaz, with bigger power in his hands, and an even slightly longer reach than Diaz. Plus, he has an underrated kicking game to mix things up, and much better wrestling. He DOES tend to leave his chin up in exchanges, which very well COULD lead to Conor starching him with that big left. BUT - he has also, like Nate, shown to have a VERY solid chin, and ability to recover quickly when hurt.

I think EITHER of these guys poses a big danger to McGregor, and I do feel that whoever wins this will most likely be the new LW king.

I can see where youre coming from but

Khabib has a tendency to always want to start in the standup and box for a little bit. Might be an ego thing but Conor will exploit this tendency and look to KO him.

Ferg has a nasty jab but he tens to always move forward without a guard, thats dangerous against Conor. Lesser strikers have knocked him down with lesser power, Conor has maybe the deadliest left hand in the sport so we shall see.

I think Conor might beat both of them, still i'd consider the winner the true king of 55.

Tony hasn't changed much if at all since the MJ fight, except throwing more spinning shit.

Khabib has this easy imo.

Conor takes out Tony, loses to Khabib

I can see where youre coming from but

Khabib has a tendency to always want to start in the standup and box for a little bit. Might be an ego thing but Conor will exploit this tendency and look to KO him.

Ferg has a nasty jab but he tens to always move forward without a guard, thats dangerous against Conor. Lesser strikers have knocked him down with lesser power, Conor has maybe the deadliest left hand in the sport so we shall see.
good analysis.

for Ferg, his height and footwork, pace and constant movement seem like a hard matchup for McG. McG NEEDS to land, because he is bound to lose later rounds, I think.

Khabib has the very obvious glaring hole in the standup. He is going to get hit every fight. I, for one, did not buy that Johnson stunned him, but his chin still remains a question mark for me. If he has a really solid chin, he may be unbeatable, otherwise, he will lose fights to good strikers sometimes. I will say that bone structure typically dictates chin. Eddie Alvarez is a blown up (muscular) FW. Khabib is a tweener LW-WW, with a big assed head.

Tony hasn't changed much if at all since the MJ fight, except throwing more spinning shit.

Khabib has this easy imo.

Conor takes out Tony, loses to Khabib

I think there was validity to Tony losing the MJ fight due to his arm getting broken early. Had that not been a factor, I think he would have pieced up MJ like Nate did, maybe worse.

As far as this particular fight, it's literally a pick-em for me. Cucuy will have to survive long enough to drag this into deep waters, barring no freak, surprise strike early.

I think there was validity to Tony losing the MJ fight due to his arm getting broken early. Had that not been a factor, I think he would have pieced up MJ like Nate did, maybe worse.

As far as this particular fight, it's literally a pick-em for me. Cucuy will have to survive long enough to drag this into deep waters, barring no freak, surprise strike early.
Lets not forget he beat him the second time.

Lets not forget he beat him the second time.

He did, but it was close overall. Conor came out like gang-busters decking him, but Diaz wore on him as the fight progressed.

Cucuy sets an even faster pace, with a lot more weapons overall, and he gets better the longer a fight progresses. His gas tank is insane. Conor will have to stop him early to beat him, imo.

He did, but it was close overall. Conor came out like gang-busters decking him, but Diaz wore on him as the fight progressed.

Cucuy sets an even faster pace, with a lot more weapons overall, and he gets better the longer a fight progresses. His gas tank is insane. Conor will have to stop him early to beat him, imo.

I meant MJ vs Cucuy.

people talk here like conor has never lost to anyone. lmao.

tony is much btter than nate diaz and conor has lost to nate diaz. lol.
and people still talk like "the invinicible conor" lmao

Ferguson-extreme violence, slick submissions, wicked and unpredictable striking.
Khabib-goofy hat, hugging guys and laying on them.
Lol at folks calling this fight a toss up. This fight will be as one-sided as McGregor-Alvarez.

Back