Suzpect

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
how can you go from losing a striking match to shields
20130615072238_aaaa.JPG

To Dominating Thompson
b9472cb5a4bd04363d2b6c5d4d28fc53

IF he wanted he could just bash thompson with his wrestling for a 2nd round finish.

A draw in your first defense is an interesting way to earn GOAT status.

Yeah, a draw for your first title defense = GOAT. Sometimes I really love Sherdog.

Shields is actually one of the best WWs ever.

Even standing he's much better than people admit. I mean, he's only been KOed once in many fights against killers and won fights that stayed standing against high level guys, ugly fighting =/= poor fighting.

he's not the greatest of anything, except maybe mediocrity

He'll lose soon, he'll be forgotten quicker

Even he doesn't think he has GOAT status by resume

he's not the greatest of anything, except maybe mediocrity

He'll lose soon, he'll be forgotten quicker
Welterweight Champion

Mediocre
<mma4>

I wonder what you think of Brutal Bob.

ya if you wanna pretent it was a draw. Woodley left with the belt and beat the breaks off him.

how can you go from losing a striking match to shields
20130615072238_aaaa.JPG

To Dominating Thompson
b9472cb5a4bd04363d2b6c5d4d28fc53

IF he wanted he could just bash thompson with his wrestling for a 2nd round finish.
Rewatch the fight, Woodley dropped him, but Thompson was dominating the stand up for the most part

Yep, I stand by it. He's an OK fighter in the right place at the right time
Oh okay. That's just a dumb opinion then.

If your definition of mediocrity is at worst being the 4th or 5th best fighter in your weight class, then I don't know what you think of the vast majority of fighters who are below that, not to mention the guys he beat.

Oh okay. That's just a dumb opinion then.

If your definition of mediocrity is at worst being the 4th or 5th best fighter in your weight class, then I don't know what you think of the vast majority of fighters who are below that, not to mention the guys he beat.

Yep and after he defends the belt a few more times they will remember this thread.

Name 5 fighters who are not GOAT candidates who qualify as "good" fighters?
It's the reverse lake wobegon effect on Sherdog
Where all the prospects are cans, the contenders are overrated and the champions are below average.

Woodley does not do well moving backwards. Rory made him look really bad.

Back