Are the Diaz brothers retired now?

thehighking

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
It seems like they aren't ever coming back. They claim to be looking for big money fights but they are both coming off losses and money fights won't happen until they can get some wins. I just don't understand why they don't want to get another few fights done while they're still young and still can

They are retired until they get the million dollar fights.

Nate Diaz has a brother?

No but they're both looking for fights big enough for themselves to be the "B side". The idea I guess is to fight the biggest fights a minimal amount of time and then quit. I expect one if not both of them to fight at some point this year. WME-IMG need them since they're short changed on stars atm.

Conor retired Nate.

And Nick hasn't shown any indication to come back anytime soon.

They clam they don't enjoy fighting and neither guy NEEDS to fight so why bother unless its for a dumb amount of money?

Because they got infected by an illness called greed. They overestimate their own worth.

No but they're both looking for fights big enough for themselves to be the "B side". The idea I guess is to fight the biggest fights a minimal amount of time and then quit. I expect one if not both of them to fight at some point this year. WME-IMG need them since they're short changed on stars atm.

If they were legit stars then they could sell their own fights and wouldn't have to be constantly begging for matchups vs Canor and GSP

lol Diazes. probably cant put the pipe down for long enough to get licensed.

I love these guys but it seems as if there now in the turning down fights business.

Nate made enough money fighting Connor that he doesn't need to fight again and can afford to wait for the right offer.

Nate can get a big payday on a 3rd fight with McGregor which will happen when he loses the belt to Ferguson or Khabib. The window is closing on Nick, maybe he can sell wolf tickets with a GSP fight. But if I'm GSP, I would be looking for big money fights that come with a belt vs. Bisping, Woodley or Conor. Beat Bisping at 185, vacate and go to 155, beat Conor and then go back to WW for his old 170 strap. I think he beats Bisping, but would not want or be able to defend (Romero, Souza, Rockhold, Weidman, etc.) as he is simply too small for MW. GSP can beat Conor if he can get to 155. Woodley, Wonderboy are no sure thing for GSP at 170. Both great fighters in their prime.

I think Nick should fight Lawler which would sell, be entertaining and a great story line rematch. I think Lawler takes the fight whereas GSP accepting is less than 50/50. Lawler will stay in the pocket with Nick, little or no wrestling most likely. This could be main event or co-main event.

Back