GSP 2017

MMAd Man

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
What are we expecting from 2017 Georges?

I am a huge fan of his and I think he can probably reclaim his old belt. He won't fight Wonderboy but Woodley vs GSP would be an interesting match up for sure. Think he can beat Maia and the rest of the top 10 too.

Obviously there is talk of Bisping but I dont think it happens. Besides I dont think that is a belt he would want to defend. He would be undersized against the likes of Jacare and Romero.

Personally I think if he can do it the 155lb belt is his for the taking. I think he can decision or submit Conor and defend against Khabib or Tony and then ride off into the sunset one more time.

However ring rust is real and he is now 35. He is not the egotistical type of guy to come back for one last fight or paycheck, I do feel that if he thinks he is as good as he was then he is. Most likely rehabbed any injuries and stronger and more technical than ever.

I agree that ring rust rust is real, and not sure how his surgeries will have affected him.

Having said that, even a rusted post-surgery GSP will be at the top. I think he was that far above everyone when he was active, and he would not be coming back unless he knows he can hang with the best. Excited for his return no matter who he fights, and win or lose.

He's old now, old people typically don't do as well.

He's been injured alot, typically people injured alot don't do well.

Anyone over 30 in this forum will tell you age makes a difference. I am 32 and notice a degradation of reflexes-reaction time and thus speed, energy, work and recovery capacity, in relation when i was between 22-28. Other factors, like strength and cardio, are more time resilient. The downward slope in general begins roughly around your 30s, contingent issues of habit and shape aside (I'm in the best shape of my life right now at 32).

He's been injured alot, typically people injured alot don't do well.

He haven't fought in a long time, fighters with ring rust don't perform so well.

he will gas out in under 2 minutes.

will probably tap to strikes again.

Anyone over 30 in this forum will tell you age makes a difference. I am 32 and notice a degradation of reflexes-reaction time and thus speed, energy, work and recovery capacity, in relation when i was between 22-28. Other factors, like strength and cardio, are more time resilient. The downward slope in general begins roughly around your 30s, contingent issues of habit and shape aside (I'm in the best shape of my life right now at 32).

maxresdefault.jpg

He beat pre-usda Hendricks, while going through WADA testing himself.

Pre-USADA Hendricks obviously went on to become champ after GSP vacated.

now that everyone is on WADA testing... I reckon its going to be even easier for GSP, even with the ring rust. He's had time to let all his injuries heal properly and develop new skills and tricks.

2017 GSP is scarier than ever imo

Anyone over 30 in this forum will tell you age makes a difference. I am 32 and notice a degradation of reflexes-reaction time and thus speed, energy, work..

At 35, I don't move as much, or as fast, but that's because I'm smarter. I know I can get other people to do shit for me.
A side benefit is that my bitch-tits are more voluptuous than ever.

Dana won't offer GSP a fight, other than a contractual obligatory last minute filler against someone coming off a loss. Dana will never forgive the way Georges left with the belt when Lorenzo was trying to sell the UFC before Conor.

Age always wins. It's undefeated. He's gonna get smoked by dudes he should never be getting smoked by.

I really don't know what to expect, but I'd like to see him take a respectable time up fight prior to facing the elites of the division he desires to call home.

It's going to be very interesting.

Georges is a special kind of champion and athlete. If anyone can overcome it, it's him.

What are we expecting from 2017 Georges?

I am a huge fan of his and I think he can probably reclaim his old belt. He won't fight Wonderboy but Woodley vs GSP would be an interesting match up for sure. Think he can beat Maia and the rest of the top 10 too.

Obviously there is talk of Bisping but I dont think it happens. Besides I dont think that is a belt he would want to defend. He would be undersized against the likes of Jacare and Romero.

Personally I think if he can do it the 155lb belt is his for the taking. I think he can decision or submit Conor and defend against Khabib or Tony and then ride off into the sunset one more time.

However ring rust is real and he is now 35. He is not the egotistical type of guy to come back for one last fight or paycheck, I do feel that if he thinks he is as good as he was then he is. Most likely rehabbed any injuries and stronger and more technical than ever.

Right now, I think I favour Conor over GSP. Conor is great at striking so GSP will get brutal punches. GSP will have to rely on his wrestling and ground game. Conor will be too fast for GSP.

Age matters. Just ask Randy Couture, who made his MMA debut at 34 and won 5 title fights over the next decade.

Ok ok, I know the UFC was a little different back then, but still the point is that if the fighter is tough enough and in good enough shape, age can be only a minor factor.

I agree that ring rust rust is real, and not sure how his surgeries will have affected him.

Having said that, even a rusted post-surgery GSP will be at the top. I think he was that far above everyone when he was active, and he would not be coming back unless he knows he can hang with the best. Excited for his return no matter who he fights, and win or lose.
couldn't of said it better myself

Romero is older and has competed at a higher level for longer. Age always wins in the end, but let's not pretend that 35 is ancient.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back