Why is Hunt vs Overeem the opening fight of UFC 209 PPV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyotoMacheetah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This should have been the co-co main event.

Overeem just fucking fought for the title FFS.

This is gonna be the best fight on the card. 2 K-1 strikers going at it. Someone's getting KTFO.

Because they needed a decent fight worthy of opening for the Groovy one.

UcJxHE7.gif

@Myrddin Wild @scorpipede @Toco @thatKid @ortizgnp @Sgt Smith @Soul On Ice @Ken Fresno @Air Lats @315MMAFighter @LouisBolanos @phunky @Elmonstro1 @Spinning S**t @Rex Kwon Do @One MMA Fan

If you're not the main event or co main event what's the difference?
They want to open the show with a big fight. Nothing wrong with that.

Start the PPV off with a bang! Perfect.

3rd best fight should always open the PPV in my opinion. Great stuff.

The marketing for the event has been atrocious.

Its like they decided to start selling the event a week prior, when they should have been building it up for the past 3 weeks. The poster is so weak, and doesn't even mention Hunt/Overeem either.

I dont expect the PPV sales to be crazy, there's a Garcia vs Thurman title unification bout on CBS that same night.

I was wondering that, myself. I'm closing at work on Saturday and I'm hoping like hell I get out in time. I love heavyweight fights and these are two of my favorites on top of that.

I suppose they want people to tune in extra early so they can catch the Lando Vannatta fight. If the Lando fight was first, a bunch of casuals would skip that fight and possibly miss out on a promising and exciting up and comer.

WHO CARES

IF YOU ARE A FAN YOU SHOULD BE GLAD YOU GET TO SEE THE FIGHT EARLIER

Probably punishing Hunt for being such a cry baby.

the fact is this fight is the biggest of the card

I was shocked too. I'm looking forward to this fight so much. Can't wait.

I'm gonna laugh when Overeem wins then pisses hot

I just hope that Bigfoot gets popped after the fight to hear what Hunt has to say. <18>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back