Does anybody think the fight between Khabib and Ferguson could go like this one?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Excellent undefeated grappler vs complete MMA fighter... both at their peak.... both coming of a huge winning streak...

Am I talking about DC vs Jones or Khabib vs Ferguson??? Very similar profile of fight.

I´m pulling for Khabib but I feel this fight could go like the Jones vs DC type of fight.

Khabib might get two or three takedowns against Ferguson in a 5 round fight, just like DC did... but Ferguson has really good scrambles.
Daniel%2BCormier%2BSlams%2BJon%2BJones%2BUFC%2B182.gif

Ferg also has good enough tdd to avoid Khabib´s game....
mWsdSHT.gif

And Ferguson is also a grinder unlike anyone Khabib has ever faced. He won´t turn his back and run the fuck away from combat and look at the clock like Conor...
5kzey284oxo689rzg.jpg

He´ll go toe to toe with Khabib and fight in his own game.... dude is nuts... I expect Ferguson to make it a dog fight.
jones%2Buppercut.gif

tumblr_nhno82LfVq1u2ragso1_500.gif

cormier%2Buppercut.gif

inside%2Belbow.gif

Jon%2BJones%2BTrip%2BTake%2BDowns%2BDaniel%2BCormier%2BUFC%2B182.gif

And in the end, the more complete fighter via UD.
0200637001420693497_filepicker.gif

Right, Tony?

giphy.gif

I don't think so...and Cormier tried to stand with Jones to much instead of pressing him up against the cage and grinding him to the mat stay with the game plan Khabib wins.

Khabib is better than DC.
Ferguson is worst than Jones.

Khabib is better than DC.
Ferguson is worst than Jones.
Jones is better than Tony yes, but Khabib being better than DC is just a matter of opinion.

Khabib never had to face a guy like Jones in his path... but DC did face huge tests like Rumble Johnson and Gustafsson and he was fighting in HW destroying everybody there.

Jones has a wrestling base though. It's going to be harder for Tony to keep from getting wrestlefucked

Jones has a wrestling base though. It's going to be harder for Tony to keep from getting wrestlefucked

I'm not saying he's Khabib level, but you know Tony won a college national championship right? Small schools, but he was the national 165 lb champ. So he does have the base. Jones was uber talented coming out of high school but ended up only wrestling Juco. Jones has that freak athletic ability but Tony has some unique weapons of his own.

His reach is 66", for a LW that's crazy long. It allows him to utilize the front headlock snapdown to D'arce better than maybe anyone in MMA.

TS, there might be a few parallels. There's a lot that's different about this matchup too though.

I'm not saying he's Khabib level, but you know Tony won a college national championship right? Small schools, but he was the national 165 lb champ. So he does have the base. Jones was uber talented coming out of high school but ended up only wrestling Juco. Jones has that freak athletic ability but Tony has some unique weapons of his own.

His reach is 66", for a LW that's crazy long. It allows him to utilize the front headlock snapdown to D'arce better than maybe anyone in MMA.

TS, there might be a few parallels. There's a lot that's different about this matchup too though.

no, I didn't know that about Tony. thanks, should have checked

I'd say as of right now it is a fare comparison in match ups, I really don't know what's going to happen though. I assume Nurmagomedov will look for the take down and try to impose his will but Ferguson is no pushover when it comes to grappling and ju jitsu, he is kind of slick on the ground especially in transitions. Very interesting fight and the more I think about it the more interested I am in watching it.

66 inch reach, ay?

I think the fight could go like this...

Gary-Goodridge-KOs-Amir_zps7a2kwjta.gif

Khabib is the big dady.

66 inch reach, ay?

That's what the UFC site lists. I'm assuming it's pretty accurate. You look at him and visually it sure looks like his arms are crazy long for a LW. The way he uses them for that snapdown into his chokes is something I don't think most guys can do as effectively and i think part of it is because of that arm length.

Yes I know. When I compare these fights, I compare aspects of it, I know they are not identical fighters and circumstances.

I think the fight could go like this...

Gary-Goodridge-KOs-Amir_zps7a2kwjta.gif

Khabib is the big dady.
I think if Khabib wins, it´s gonna be like in your video, via gnp.... if it goes to the judges I believe Tony comes out victorious.

Prior to the DC fight Jones had already proven himself to be one of the best wrestlers in the UFC. Ferguson had trouble with Castillos wrestling.

Next.

That's what the UFC site lists. I'm assuming it's pretty accurate. You look at him and visually it sure looks like his arms are crazy long for a LW. The way he uses them for that snapdown into his chokes is something I don't think most guys can do as effectively and i think part of it is because of that arm length.

He was making fun of you because 66" is a very short reach. That's only 5 feet 6 inches fly and bantamweights have reaches like that. Tony has a 76.5" inch reach. Which is quite long for his height and weight class as you were saying you just had the wrong numbers.

Prior to the DC fight Jones had already proven himself to be one of the best wrestlers in the UFC. Ferguson had trouble with Castillos wrestling.

Next.
The topic is not comparing Tony´s wrestling to Jones's wrestling, you´ll have to read it again. It´s about two very well rounded and complete MMA fighters like Jones and Tony going against unidimensional strong powerful grapplers like Khabib and DC. And I compared aspects of the fight, never said everything is identical.

But thanks for trying anyways.

The topic is not comparing Tony´s wrestling to Jones's wrestling, you´ll have to read it again. It´s about two very well rounded and complete MMA fighters like Jones and Tony going against unidimensional strong powerful grapplers like Khabib and DC. And I compared aspects of the fight, never said everything is identical.

But thanks for trying anyways.

But your camparison falls apart when you realize the fighters are nothing alike. Khabib has already faced well rounded fighters like RDA & Michael Johnson.

Back