Path to Victory if Khabib Doesnt Get the TD?

Mixedfights

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Honest opinion. There is none. His striking is terrible and the first person to stop the TD blows him out. Like Rousey.

He really has only ground offense.

I see Khabib as a top 5 gate keeper.

Stall him out Barb Honchak/Randy Couture style? even under the new rules, if your opponent is unable to do anything it would probably go to the guy pressuring. a grueling pace grind match would be worse for Tony's cardio than it would for Khabibs. Also, i think tony's fight IQ will fail him, likely he'd try to drop for a sub or two and give up rounds when he fails on them from the bottom

What's Tony's path to victory if he is taken down?
You can play this dumb game a million different ways lol

Khabib is a well-rounded mixed martial artist.... not some one-trick pony like Canner McTapper.

... and Tony ain't gonna stop the takedown.

Honest opinion. There is none. His striking is terrible and the first person to stop the TD blows him out. Like Rousey.

He really has only ground offense.

I see Khabib as a top 5 gate keeper.
Conor fan detected. Ignore his post.

If Tony's striking defense is as bad vs Khabib as it was vs Groovy, then Khabib has more than a puncher's chance on the feet.

Tony can actually fight on the ground and has a wrestling base with slick subs. So that.

Khabib has an underrated sub game off his back you never see it because you rarely ever see him on his back. I also see a clear opening for the uppercut on tony as he comes in like a bull he leaves his chin down in uppercut range. We'll see if tony can stop the takedown something tells me Tony is going to get taken down easier than Michael Johnson

Lol all of you fucks can keep saying"Ferguson aint gonna stop Khabib's TDs" or "Khabib is gonna get lit up on the feet cuz Ferg is gonna stuff all of Khabib's TDs"
Shut the fuck up
None of you know unless the fight actually happens

Tony has shitty striking defense, so I guess punching him in the face could work.

tuf3.gif

This is like saying, if Conor can't hit you standing what will be his path to victory? Idiotic thread. Everybody knows Ferg is better than him standing up but it isn't likely that he stuffs all of Khabib's TD's who might be the best grappler in mma today.

21 takedowns on 1 opponent?

Tony WILL be on his back, I guarantee it!

Stall him out Barb Honchak/Randy Couture style? even under the new rules, if your opponent is unable to do anything it would probably go to the guy pressuring. a grueling pace grind match would be worse for Tony's cardio than it would for Khabibs. Also, i think tony's fight IQ will fail him, likely he'd try to drop for a sub or two and give up rounds when he fails on them from the bottom

In Mexico City where Flyweights were gassing after a round, Tony turned UP his output in rds 4 and 5. I realize that was a striking match and not a grappling grind-type fight, but if Khabib ends up having to rely on Tony's cardio breaking, Khabib is most likely fucked. Grappling type match or striking type match or a combo, Tony has arguably the best cardio in the whole damn sport.

Mexico City seemed to make everyone's cardio its bitch. Everyone not named Tony Ferguson.

Back