Will Jorge be able to knock out Demian quickly before getting taken down?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
I wonder how he going to handle Maia on the ground...

That or he could stuff Maia's takedowns. Rory did it for two of three rounds and defended well when being taken down.

If maia throws a flying knee

Former MW grappler against former LW striker

Nah imo

Jorge has pretty good sprawls & TDD, so it's possible. On the feet, he will pick Maia apart.

BUT - All it takes from Demian is ONE good takedown, and you're finished.

That or he could stuff Maia's takedowns. Rory did it for two of three rounds and defended well when being taken down.

rory is quite a better fighter, grappler, bigger stronger, hes a way better fighter.

I didn't want to see this fight. I really wanted to see Wonderboy vs. Maia for the title.

But guess what, this is what you get for refusing to talk shit and promote.

Jorge has pretty good sprawls & TDD, so it's possible. On the feet, he will pick Maia apart.

That's what I'm worried about... The guy is like fucking quicksand... Grab one leg and drowning you the minute you hit the ground.

I didn't want to see this fight. I really wanted to see Wonderboy vs. Maia for the title.

But guess what, this is what you get for refusing to talk shit and promote.

100% agree with you. It's not about how hard you work but what you say...

Tough fight for Masvidal. But if he can keep it standing and land those vicious shots it one step closer to a title shot!!!

Masvidal talked himself into a title eliminator.... not bad.
heres an oldie
i14896_n4a_medium.gif

Considering that Maia has only absorbed a handful of strikes in his last bunch of fights and has fantastic TD chaining, I'd put Masvidal's chances of landing anything significant low.

I give Masvidal three minutes. Tops. Before he feels his head about to pop off.

OR a failed single where Demian goes to halfguard & goes for a single again. That's his defense against sprawlers.

Maia has been KO'd once, 8 years ago. he's fought bigger and harder strikers than Jorge. There is zero chance this fight would end with anything other than Jorge getting submitted.

Maia has been KO'd once, 8 years ago. he's fought bigger and harder strikers than Jorge. There is zero chance this fight would end with anything other than Jorge getting submitted.
Wow! Can't believe that fight with Nate was 8 years ago!

rory is quite a better fighter, grappler, bigger stronger, hes a way better fighter.
I think Masvidal has better technical boxing. I believe he would beat Rory and he will beat Maia.

Back