Where do you see Robbie Lawler in the 170mix now?

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Dude is by far one of my all time favorites. is he still a top 3 guy in your opinion? WHen do you think he will fight again and could he beat twood, wonderboy, maia,masvidal or gsp on any given night.

Masvidal - yes he could beat him
Maia - yes he could beat him, depends on if Maia could get him down before getting too beat up
Wonderboy - I would favor Wonderboy I think to win a decision
Woodley - Woodley would be favored based on what we've seen, but you can't ever count out a guy like Lawler
GSP - I can't give any opinion on how a guy who has not fought for years will perform.

Hopefully he'll bounce back TS? I'm a big fan also, there's not much tried left on his tires though. RL'S been in the game awhile.

Older (or seasonsed) fighters generally reach a peak and then rapidly plummet. I have a feeling that's about to happen to Robbie. I dont think he'll get back in the top 5. He is one of my favorite, if not favorites fighters, and I hope he retires on a high and stays healthy.

Too much wear and tear

Twood, Wonderboy, Masvidal prolly all finish him

He could beat GSP or Maia though. Good matchups for him now. Hes got decent TDD, especially early in fights

Right now he doesn't seem to have any new roots laid in the 170 division -- he's Rootless Robbie Lawler

He's in the mix.

We'll see how this thing plays out.

Masvidal - yes he could beat him
Maia - yes he could beat him, depends on if Maia could get him down before getting too beat up
Wonderboy - I would favor Wonderboy I think to win a decision
Woodley - Woodley would be favored based on what we've seen, but you can't ever count out a guy like Lawler
GSP - I can't give any opinion on how a guy who has not fought for years will perform.

This is about as accurate as you're going to get. /thread.

Perfect time to make Cerrone vs Lawler

Time for freak show Japanese fights. Tokyo is an awesome city anyway (assuming you're not that keen on breathing air).

post usada Robbie is going to a bit of a letdown I feel. Dude has some miles on him.

I always thought he didn't match up well with a lot of guys in the division but he keeps proving me wrong. He got a lot of fight years tho I'm afraid his time had passed

I don't think anyone can tell you where he is 'in the mix' right now, he needs a fight to show us where he's at. After four 5 round wars in a row and a first round knockout loss, there is a lot of questions surrounding Robbie Lawler. At the moment I'm just trying to think if there is any other fighter to have four straight 5 round blood bath fights in a row. I think Those fights against Rory and Carlos are 2 of the best championship fights of all time. There's not too many fighters like Robbie the man sure comes to fight, I'm just not sure how much he has left in the tank, hopefully the long break he's had does him some good.

honestly I dont care what Org he fights in. I hope he gets some fights soon. His twitter mentioned something. He deserves to get money

In all honesty, I think he is definitely somewhere between 1 and 100.

Really miss seeing him fight. I don't care if he doesn't champ again, I just wanna see him fight. The man brings violence like no other.

I still think he's near the top. Wear and tear is likely catching up with him, though. There's no reason to count him out just yet.

He had the same fragile aura about him that Cowboy had in his last fight. Like he hadn't fully healed or peaked for the fight right. A break was needed. Especially after those two wars he went on before. Think he's done only if his heart's not in it anymore. And he's shown a ton of heart before, so don't count him out.

It's also too early to rave about Masvidal. Dude squeezed a decision out of an over-the-hill Ross Pearson, got a lucky technicality against Ellenberger and rubbed some fame off a half baked version of Cerrone. I'll start getting excited if he beats Maia.

Back