Mark Hunt doping clause against Overeem

cheesus

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Probably extremely old news but I somehow missed this..

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11771425

As much as the guy was giving me the shits that is some extremely good work by Hunt, imo fighters should be punished more severely being caught doping than if they miss weight it only makes sense the other fighter should receive a solid percentage of their purse if one is caught doping pending investigation. Can't really recall too many people taking on the UFC with special requests and coming out on top.

All fighters should be on juice....OJ is a healthy part of any diet. Have you tried the new Dole "Peach Infusion?"? Find it in a store near you!

Great move Mark. 3 dopers is too much.

He's had it with this $hit and I love he's still in the UFC even though he has/had a lawsuit pending against them.....
War Super Samoan
DimpledLankyAlaskajingle.gif

How hilarious would it be if Hunt were to test positive after the fight?

Im convicted mark Hunt is natty. probably the only guy Im convinced is natty.. maybe Nate diaz

i was going to say the same thing.

if there's a betting line for this, it's probably worth a couple bucks.

His response afterwards would be hilarious. Need to get him on the Ariel show pronto if that happens :D

A juvenile part of me wants Overeem to test positive just to see Hunt's reaction

I thought he said on the mma hour the ufc wouldnt agree to it and overeem didnt respond to him so he was left with no choice but to fight without any clauses and would just sue someone if they failed in future

I think 50% fight purse as punishment would be reasonable and would stop a lot of doping. At the end of the day, if a fighter enhances their ability to give life altering head trauma to another fighter by using PEDs 50% of their purse isn't unjust.

Doesn't sound like anything has happened yet. I know he's been pushing for it since his NC with Lesner but don't think anything concrete has been put in place. Seriously doubt if the UFC succumbs to his demands. Could open up a can of worms.

From the article:
Hunt said he and Overeem have a verbal agreement with the UFC, but insists the fight could be scrapped if the UFC fails to meet his demands.

LOL, worth the paper it's written on. Assuming this isn't just Mark talking to save face it will be hilarious to see his volcanic reaction if Overeem tests hot and then DOESN'T surrender the "agreed upon" money.

Hunts an idiot

he bitches about guys using steroids and then he asked to fight a guy who's tested positive before

And he chose Overeem? Why not AA, Black Beast or someone who is not associated with roids?

Anyone who disagrees with Hunt is an idiot...why should cheating be rewarded...

Back