UFC209: don't be scared homie...thoughts and picks

Buffmeister

RINYA NAKAMURA
@Black
Reaction score
...but wait!...what?...no DiazBro and not in the 209...hmm...
A UFC209 PPV in the 209 with at least one Diaz would have been so much better. Not that this Card sucks, it doesn't but that would've been awesome! ...just my 2 cents...

Anyway...this card looks nice!

Main Card

Welterweight
Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Stephen Thompson
Lightweight
Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson
Middleweight
Rashad Evans vs. Dan Kelly
Lightweight
Lando Vannata vs. David Teymur
Heavyweight
Alistair Overeem vs. Mark Hunt
Preliminary Card
Heavyweight
Marcin Tybura vs. Luis Henrique
Featherweight
Mirsad Bektić vs.Darren Elkins
Bantamweight
Iuri Alcântara vs. Luke Sanders
Heavyweight
Mark Godbeer vs. Daniel Spitz
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Light Heavyweight
Tyson Pedro vs. Paul Craig
Women's Strawweight
Amanda Cooper vs. Cynthia Calvillo
Bantamweight
Albert Morales vs. Andre Soukhamthath

Main Card looks pretty good to me...

Woodley x Thompson 2
It's rematch time...and that rematch is actually justified...a title fight that ends in a draw...needs a rematch.
This time Thompson knows what's comming and that he can actually survive as he showed it in the first match. But will Woodley be more in wrestle mode this time?...he should!
He just kinda stopped grappling Wonderboy last time, while having great success with it. And Thompson should know now what distance he should fight at and at which pace...
But no idea who comes out with the W here...

Khabib x T-Ferg
Awesome match up!
There is no secret about what Khabib is trying to do or what his gameplan will be...grappling.
Tony on the other side will try to keep that thing standing...and that is also no secret ;)
But if the fight hits the ground, things will be very interesting...as Tony is absolutley no chump on the ground. He will try attack from all angles with his long limbs. Eddie Bravo also said that Tony is training heavily on chokes in this camp...
If Khabib can trap Tony in a bad spot he could get the gnp stoppage...or get enough controlling time to win 3 rounds and get the decision. But his cardio needs to be absolutley on point otherwise Tony will finish him i think(who is having another camp way up hill in mexico)
My pick would be Tony by stoppage in or after the 3rd round...cant wait for this fight!

Evans x Kelly
When that fight was announced i was like: did he finally find a doctor or a commision who cleared him to fight?...and against Kelly?????
If Evans doesn't get this done...hmm

Vannata x Teymur
Stand up war!....Lando is comming fresh from a sweet ko victory over Makdessi and Teymur also comming in from a ko victory over Novelli(who ever that is)...
Pulling for Vannata in this one

Overeem x Hunt 2
Another rematch...Overeem finished Hunt in 2008 with an americana in a DREAM event...tripped him...side control and allmost ripped his arm off. Back when Overeem was Übereem and Hunt at like 300lbs.
AO got a lot of heat for his Stipe fight (running to get back to the Center of the octagon and also claiming that there was a tap). But he was giving Stipe hell as long as it lastet...rocked him with punches and also knocked him down big time...
AO will try to get Hunt down and sub him again i think...
But as a Hunt fan and ped hater...and Overeem not having the best chin...i go with Hunt by KO.

Not Main Card fights i am looking for:
Bektić vs. Elkins
Bektic is on a run...and Elkins is the right guy for a step up in competition

Tybura vs. Henrique
Pedro vs. Craig
Craig goes by the nickname "bearjew"....and his style is listed as kung fu...9-0...definetly going to watch this one guys!!!

I just hope the HWs don't gas after 3min and it is just downhill after the 3min mark...

So what do you think..?

UFC209: don't be scared homie

?????

the homies were too scared to be on the card and wouldn't accept a fight

Lando by being too groovy
Ferg by TKO (Pulling for Khabib though)
Hunt by KO
Thompson via smart gameplan

why did you make a picks post if you didnt pick a winner

Hunt gonna wreck Reem... Khabib gets starched and Tyron loses via unanimous racism

swap hunt for reem and thats my picks aswell
I 'm allmost 50/50 in Reem and Hunt...i just like Hunt more but the Reem has got more tools in his MMA game...

But still picking Hunt...i think he will connect on Overeem

wonderboy by tko
Lando via destruction
Khabib UD wrestlefuck
Overeem via Tko

Wonderboy
Khabib
Rashad
Lando
Hunt

Back