Has carlos condit retired or taking time away?

TheWobbler

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Losing that close decision to lawler, which I thought carlos won, and then being submitted in quick fashion by maia had him questioning whether he could hang with the top guys anymore.

Does he need to come back or are you satisfied to see him end it now. He put on some great fights and he did take a lot of punishment. It must be hard for a fighter to go out like that but if its time, its time.

Might be my favorite fighter of all time.

It fucking hurts to watch him question his career after being so close to a championship belt that i thought he deserved.

He's had a very long career and taken a lot of punishment. He's lost 5 of his last 7, and probably very far from a title shot. Probably best he retires instead of just becoming a gate keeper for lower pay while taking a lot more damage.

i believe he is taking time away to decide whether or not to retire.

no real news since August.

Carlos has some of the worst TDD I've ever seen. He might retire cuz I don't see him ever fixing that glaring flaw if he hasn't already.

Feed him to young fighters to make a name off him

Carlos is a warrior and I'd like to see him continue fighting. That last fight was hard to watch, for sure. No way he's going out like that.

One of my favs as well.... if he only had a little Take Down Defense

i like Condit and i think he should retire.

Fuck it. Give him Conor and that sweet, sweet payday before he walks away permanently.

Condit will be missed though.

Whatever Carlos decides to do i will respect, and of course i wont recriminate, allthough i would like to see him fight.
Nothing but respect for that warrior.

Sounds like his heart isn't in it anymore and he is losing confidence in his ability to take shots.

He's made some pretty good cash though, could retire while he is still articulate and get into coaching.

Sounds like his heart isn't in it anymore and he is losing confidence in his ability to take shots.

He's made some pretty good cash though, could retire while he is still articulate and get into coaching.
Cool idea ;) ... With his combined skills , experience and mindset , Carlos could be a fookin awesome coach.

Don't really care at this point he can't hang with the top guys, but I was looking back on his career the other day and was pretty disappointed we never got to see the Chris Lytle or Paul Daley fights.

Bellator-logo.jpg

Back