Current Rumble in Pride

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
would he have obliterated the mw division there? mw was 205 in Pride in case some were not watching back then. The best mw fighters were wand, shogun, rampage, Arona, Reem, lil nog who he already coma'd, Hendo, Igor, Bustamante...Im sure he would have fought open wieght like every other fighter so what about crocop, fedor, nog, josh barnett, sergei, Coleman....

He is the one guy I would have loved to see in Pride. The ring makes for a faster fight with less stalls, how can you mitigate a guy like Rumble in a ring.

would he have obliterated the mw division there? mw was 205 in Pride in case some were not watching back then. The best mw fighters were wand, shogun, rampage, Arona, Reem, lil nog who he already coma'd, Hendo, Igor, Bustamante...Im sure he would have fought open wieght like every other fighter so what about crocop, fedor, nog, josh barnett, sergei, Coleman....

He is the one guy I would have loved to see in Pride. The ring makes for a faster fight with less stalls, how can you mitigate a guy like Rumble in a ring.

Steroids.

Rumble would probably kill them all at MW. His KO power in insane. Prime Shogun the only one who would stand a chance

Just out of curiosity, has Rumble ever been hurt/rocked/dropped standing?

Pide MW was made up of a bunch of guys who, let's face it, could have cut down to UFC MW on the Dulce Diet. It'd be like putting prime Randy Johnson in Babe Ruth's time. Dude would have averaged 20 Ks a game.

Arona could potentially frustrate the life out of him.

And Rampage would give him a great fight. Prime Shogun and Wand too.

Rumble would probably kill them all at MW. His KO power in insane. Prime Shogun the only one who would stand a chance

I trhink Vitor dropped him before the ground positioning.

kevin-burns_anthony-johnson.gif

3-3.gif

the 10 min 1st round wouldve hurt him more than it helped.

Anthony Johnson vs Igor Vovchanchyon in an Open Weight Grand Prix tournament match would have been fantastic to watch.

Vitor didn't give a fuck about Rumble's ko power and actually dared to strike with him. It resulted in Vitor hurting Rumble who went on to become a panic wrestler.

This Rumble on roids would've fucked them all up. Prolly not HW's if you look at the AA fight.

Well.... He could have taken steroids there, so he would have been one continous 600 lb trapezius/deltoid muscle, so....

He'd get wrecked by Rampage/Shogun/Wand and subbed by a few others too.
he has no ground game

Vitor didn't give a fuck about Rumble's ko power and actually dared to strike with him. It resulted in Vitor hurting Rumble who went on to become a panic wrestler.
Rumble's forward movement is a hell of a thing,but he can be got at. Thats why he is kind of like an Alistair Overeem type guy to me. He is good but he will never be great. When the going gets tough,guys like Cormier and Jones can rise to the occasion in ways he cannot.

I trhink Vitor dropped him before the ground positioning.

Stop repeating these lies about Vitor vs Rumble fight, no-one connected anything significant standing in that fight.

What is this weird fascination with Rumble ?

Are you people insane ?

Fucking Prime Rampage ? The man that slammed Arona ?

Fucking Arona ? That savage wrestling BJJ dude with the insane leg kicks from hell ?

Wanderlei when he was the Axe Murderer ?

Fucking Shogun with the soccer kicks ?

Hell, fucking SAKURABA would have buttfucked AJ....

Cmon man, AJ beat Glover and Gustafson... hardly PRIDE caliber fighters.

And I like AJ.

Back