How would you rank the 5 greatest Brazilian heavyweights of all time?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
1- Nog
2- Werdum
3- JDS
4- Rizzo
5- Gonzaga?

Am I missing anyone?

Marco Ruas over Gonzaga.

210px-Marco_Ruas_publicity_shot_crop.jpg

JDS is definitely up there.
Other top HW are forced to have a seat when JDS is under discussion.
8Q5BBsRoRif1NMRtNRDOz0Bq_BP-1GIijRVKJz5mZfA.gif

Antonio Rodrigo Nougeria
Fabricio Werdum
Junior Dos Santos
Pedro Rizzo
Marco Ruas

Mario Sperry deserves an honorable mention.

werdum at number 1 imo, that stipe performance was fucking ridiculous but other than that i don't see how he's not # 1.

just my opinion though, i think current werdum is better than nog ever was.

TRT Bigfoot>Gonzaga

Beat Fedor, Arlovski, Overeem and Browne (when Browne was considered good) and drew with Hunt. He also almost beat Werdum in a good one. I thought he could be a great (well, he was top 5 for a while...)

1. Big Nog
2. Dos Santos
3. Werdum
4. Big Foot
5. Rizzo

Bigfoot at 5. Huge wins over Fedor, Browne and Overeem off the top of my head.

Gonzaga's only claim to fame is deading Cro Cop.

No Wand. Wow. And I'm not even a fan (at all).

Kids are fucked up nowadays.

Too hard to rank the top 3 (Nog, Werdum, Dos Santos). Rizzo, Ruas looks good for 4 & 5, but yes, Bigfoot deserves some consideration.

You definitely have to drop Gonzaga. Personally, I think he had they physical potential to be #1, but never lived up to it. The mind and heart were not there.

How many times did Arona fight over 205? Or did he? In my opinion Arona left the most untapped potential of just about any fighter in history. Sure he fought for quite a few years but he could've been even better in the UFC than he was in Japan.

werdum at number 1 imo, that stipe performance was fucking ridiculous but other than that i don't see how he's not # 1.

just my opinion though, i think current werdum is better than nog ever was.

IIRC Nog had only two losses he didn't avenge from his debut to the UFC interim title and they were against HW GOAT. During that run he beat Herring x2, Coleman, Kharitonov, Cro Cop, Barnett, Werdum, Sylvia and many other great names.

If Fedor never excisted Nog would be considered the HW GOAT.

Back