Can the spider be champ again?

KYS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Real talk. We all know that Anderson dominated the MW division for a long time. Him inside the octagon was like a spider in its net. When I started watching MMA it was all about him and his matrix-esque style.

Obviously, he was kind of exposed by Weidman. Also, father time has caught up on him and he admits that the young fighters are much faster than him these days.

But he delivered a very focused performance against Brunson and managed to beat the odds by focusing on his strengths. If he can get another W he might be ready for a title shot. Sounds ridiculous, but it's real. Lest we forget that Bisping and Romero are both near 40, so the championship in the MW division is an old man's game currently.

image-1112663-galleryV9-qfkx-1112663.jpg

What do you think? Do you see a chance that spider crawls back to the top again? Everyone is invited to discuss.

That's Denzel Washington

Considering he almost slept Bisping already? Yeah. He could.

But he's not beating Romero at this point, so even if he got the title shot, he's not holding the belt for too long.

If the fight was with Michael Bisping, yes - I believe he would beat the hell out of Bisping in a rematch and would not leave it to the judges this time. If he was up against Romero, I think he might get hurt and would not watch the fight.

No. If Bisping hadnt been an idiot and tried to call a timeout on his own, Silva wouldn't have landed that knee and it'd be another lopsided decision.

Definitely not. Opposite to what @Kristian82 said, I see a Bisping rematch being more favorable for Bisping, as it'll just go the same way as the first, but Bisping won't make the mistake of trying to talk with the ref.

And I don't see Silva winning against any of the top five/contenders, at all.

"can"? of course he "can". he's about 8th in the division skill-wise, and the current champ is - except for one big shot - about 7th. all it takes is someone dropping out of a title fight, UFC giving it to A Silva, and he wins a big upset.

the odds of it happening are very low. probably somewhere around the odds of this weekend's title shot being another draw.

if bisping keeps ducking top competition and decides to rematch silva, maybe, otherwise the answer is no

Lol. I was just thinking about this today.

If he fights Bisping and pull off the KO, that the only way I see Anderson being the champ again.

Then I can see Anderson retiring, because he know he has no chance against the rest of the division.

Then Uncle Dana comes in, and should make a 4 man tournament consist of Bisping, Rockhold, Romero, and Jacare for the now vacant Middleweight title.

Real talk. We all know that Anderson dominated the MW division for a long time. Him inside the octagon was like a spider in its net. When I started watching MMA it was all about him and his matrix-esque style.

Obviously, he was kind of exposed by Weidman. Also, father time has caught up on him and he admits that the young fighters are much faster than him these days.

But he delivered a very focused performance against Brunson and managed to beat the odds by focusing on his strengths. If he can get another W he might be ready for a title shot. Sounds ridiculous, but it's real. Lest we forget that Bisping and Romero are both near 40, so the championship in the MW division is an old man's game currently.

image-1112663-galleryV9-qfkx-1112663.jpg

What do you think? Do you see a chance that spider crawls back to the top again? Everyone is invited to discuss.
Yeah, but only if Bisping is still champ....
Bullet-Tooth-Tony-Snatch-Vinnie-Jones-b.jpg

i could go on a murderous killing spree but i won't, just like silva can win the title but won't.

Highly doubtful.

Skills are still intact, for the most part, but he really seems to have lacked that fire/killer instinct in his last couple of fights.

The Anderson Silva who demolished Ace, then felt bad about it afterward, is no longer with us.

Well.. UFC is heading into a strange direction. They are cleaning the LHW division so 2017 Shogun is maybe 2 wins away from a titleshot.

Back