UFC stole TUF from Pride!

crofighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I am sure many of you don't know, but Pride had its "TUF" before UFC's TUF.....if anyone can remember the name or give some info would be nice.......UFC basically stole it and we all know TUF was the key moment if UFC's history...

RE-PRIDE, PRIDE OU, PRIDE KING and PRIDE Challenger

Yushin Okami bless

Yep,Yushin Okami was the winner of that show...
Yep. With a batman mask.

PRIDE challenger was the amateur one

I think Okami is the only winner to do anything significant, but the coaches were all named fighters.

That's the one.
Okami also fought in Prides early local cage events

126-18c1b3e230.jpg

Actually.....TUF was a direct rip off of WWE's "Tough Enough." You kids get on Google, and search the first season of Tough Enough around 2001 or 2002, somewhere in that time period......TUF is pretty much a clone of the show.

Actually.....TUF was a direct rip off of WWE's "Tough Enough." You kids get on Google, and search the first season of Tough Enough around 2001 or 2002, somewhere in that time period......TUF is pretty much a clone of the show.
Did they even air Tough Enough? I can't remember ever being able to find the show but I probably wasn't looking properly back then.

I don't think it's important that TUF was novel so much as that it was profitable.

Did they even air Tough Enough? I can't remember ever being able to find the show but I probably wasn't looking properly back then.

Yes, best I remember, it was on MTV believe it or not. I just remember that Maven won the first season.

usually asians steal and then perfect from usa products...
How does it feel biyatch
anyway pride got the last laugh by way overcharging the ufc for their company

I think it was on MTV if I'm not mistaken.

Not only tough enough, but a rip off of MTV the challenge as well with the games in first couple of seasons

Glad people brought up MTV...because TUF is actually a copy of Real World....just with a fighting/game show spin on it.

Glad people brought up MTV...because TUF is actually a copy of Real World....just with a fighting/game show spin on it.

I thought it was closer to the Bachelor.

Except in TUF, we don't vote you off. We beat you off.

Back