Will Wonderboy/Woodley actually look different?

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
If so how?

Are we looking at the same fight again? Or will one guy be able to make adjustments and dominant/finish the other?

The last times I think a fight was this close and we got a rematch (unless I'm forgetting something) Frankie Edgar came out, survived a tough early round then blew the doors of off Maynard and Shogun assassinated Machida (legends say if you visit the arena in Quebec you can still hear his screams)

Are we looking at the type of rematch which one guy wins emphatically? Or are we in for another drawn out chess match.

Woodley doesn't stop taking him down this time

Woodley doesn't burn his arms out overcommitting on a guillotine attempt but rather continues to clobber Wonderlad for a stoppage when he clips him.

Brace yourselves Sherm8s... The #TAKEOVER is coming.

Tyron-Woodley-UFC-209-Media-Day-Scrum.jpg

Last edited:
Woodley doesn't stop taking him down this time
To be fair Woodley never actually shot, he caught a leg kick early
Just based on the distances I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Wonderboy could sprawl on Woodley's takedowns. I don't expect that he can - I just wouldn't be surprised

Wonderboy not gonna recover when he gets bombed on this time.

Wonderboy gonna keep his distance and go to the body early and often, while Woodley repeatedly tries to close the distance with his right and take him down

probably gonna look the same, yeah

Wonderboy not gonna recover when he gets bombed on this time.
It's weird how close Woodley was to actually murdering Wonderboy last time around
The bomb he threw was just a bit lower than his temple, and a bit higher than his orbital

The other knockdown was just slightly above the jaw

Game of inches, he could have ruined Wonderboy's life.

I'm surprised to see so many people saying Woodley will win off takedowns & top control. I think he takes too many breaks in fights despite not spending a large amount of time attacking. I think if Woodley wins this 1 it's by landing a power punch.

Wonderboy via clinic if he can emulate what rory did to tyron. Wonderboy repected tyrons power to much and got caught be cautious.

To be fair Woodley never actually shot, he caught a leg kick early
Just based on the distances I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Wonderboy could sprawl on Woodley's takedowns. I don't expect that he can - I just wouldn't be surprised
a wrestler of woodleys caliber has a handful of ways to drag WB down.

Re-matches often look different. The smart fighter watches film, and understands the mistakes he made. Especially, if he has an elite coach to help him understand what went wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wonderboy came out less cautious. But, that's a dangerous game to play with a wrestler.

Still, it's what I would employ as a game plan. As alot of ppl thought Woodley won the first fight. Wonderboy needs to be bolder.

No guts, no glory.

Unfortunately, I don't know if he will come out with that gameplan. I think he was way too timid. And his last two fights have been completely UNDERWHELMING. I still don't have the words for that abortion known as Rory vs Wonderboy.

I don't understand the gameplan for either guy in that fight.

I think that considering both guys can end a fight with strikes, and considering both guys must have learned a lot about themselves and their opponents in the last fight, I have to believe one or the other will get the stoppage this time around. I've got no idea which one will get it done, but I'm pretty confident that one of them will. It'll be who learned the most and/or who winds up in the right place at the right time with their opponent having the right hole in their defense.

Re-matches often look different. The smart fighter watches film, and understands the mistakes he made. Especially, if he has an elite coach to help him understand what went wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wonderboy came out less cautious. But, that's a dangerous game to play with a wrestler.

Still, it's what I would employ as a game plan. As alot of ppl thought Woodley won the first fight. Wonderboy needs to be bolder.

No guts, no glory.

Unfortunately, I don't know if he will come out with that gameplan. I think he was way too timid. And his last two fights have been completely UNDERWHELMING. I still don't have the words for that abortion known as Rory vs Wonderboy.

I don't understand the gameplan for either guy in that fight.

Wonderboy is also a reflex fighter who is getting older and has taken more damage than people realize, that's something to look at especially with him looking to put on weight (the last time he was as big as he will be for this fight was the Matt Brown matchup). Just stuff to watch.

Probably look about the same, i got WB on this one.

Could someone please confirm or deny for me, that the new judging criteria is in effect this time round and it favours effective striking over point fighting style?

If so I believe wonder boy won 3 rounds to 2 last time but would have clearly lost if judges were primarily looking for effectiveness, gotta wonder how that would effect wonderboys game plan and preparation this time round

Could someone please confirm or deny for me, that the new judging criteria is in effect this time round and it favours effective striking over point fighting style?

If so I believe wonder boy won 3 rounds to 2 last time but would have clearly lost if judges were primarily looking for effectiveness, gotta wonder how that would effect wonderboys game plan and preparation this time round

The new judging criteria is in affect

And it's always favored effective striking over point fighting. It's just clearer now to not give credence to numbers over impact. So it should help with bad decisions that were based off of that

here is time stamped Big John describing the relevant changes

Hello darkness my old friend

Yes Woodley takes him down and beats him into a living death

Back