Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Also their fighting for the true LW belt

The game has evolved let's look previous LW champions

Jean Pulver - No comments
Sean Shrek - Good fighter but nowhere the level of Khabib or Fergusson
Bj Penn - Great fighter in his prime, but he was never up to this standard
Edgar - Great Fighter but same than BJ Penn also too small, Khabib and Fergusson are gigantic LW
Ben Henderson - Good fighter but not at Khabib and Fergie level
Rafael dos Anjos - Beaten by both already
Eddie Alvarez - Good fighter but not elite
Connor - Well we know what will happen if he fights a elite grappler.

Last edited:
I expect Khabib to close the distance and do what he does. I don’t think it will be close but who knows.

I expect Khabib to close the distance and do what he does. I don’t think it will be close but who knows.

Ferguson is a tough son of a bitch. I also have the Russian taking this fight, I wish I was as confident as you Amigo.

It is an epic fight. Battles like this are why I follow the sport.

My most anticipated fight of the year so far.

Last edited:
That's a pretty bold statement. As this kind of thing comes down to opinion. I'll just say I respect your's. Whether I agree, or not.

I just hope it's a good fight with ZERO controversy.

That's a pretty bold statement. As this kind of thing comes down to opinion. I'll just say I respect your's. Whether I agree, or not.

I just hope it's a good fight with ZERO controversy.

Edgar - Great Fighter but same than BJ Penn also too small, Khabib and Fergusson are gigantic LW

No doubt. The cumulative skill level of this fight is the highest we've ever seen.

They're both beatable fighters whether the record shows that or not, both can be rocked and have been in the past two fights, whether people like to admit it or not conor is a tough fight for either as his striking and power is pin point accurate.

All I know is I really like this fight. And I am not really a fan of either guy. But it is going to be intense and we will have a contender who is as deserving as we have ever seen one. The winner will be tough to be denied a shot at Conor.

They're both beatable fighters whether the record shows that or not, both can be rocked and have been in the past two fights, whether people like to admit it or not conor is a tough fight for either as his striking and power is pin point accurate.
And he is beatable as well obviously. Like anyone else.

Also their fighting for the true LW belt

I agree

Nurmagomedov is the greatest LW of all time. So yeah, this is the real belt they're fighting for.

Lol No
rotr4-wi-penn-gomi.jpg

bj.jpg

It is definitely one of the very top LW fights in mma history. Personally for me it is at the top most.

Sean Sherk was 34-2-1 when he fought BJ, with his only losses coming to the 2 best WW's ever (Hughes and St. Pierre), and he held the LW Title. You're right, he's no where even near Khabib or Tony.

Back