If you think Khabib won´t be champ because of his striking, you probably don´t remember this guy.

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
2rclovk.jpg
to you, did you forget about this guy???????

Dude had terrible striking!!! Yet he was the second most dominant welterweight champ in history, only after Goat Saint Pierre.

hugheschokept02_medium.gif

1.gif

hughes-slams-trigg-o.gif

BigheartedCoarseHyena.gif

hughes-slams-trigg-o.gif

Call him whatever you like, overrated, unidimensional...

But the facts remain:

9 title fight victories. 5 of which were consecutive title defenses.

Including a finish over GSP.
1415258256Hughes___St.gif

and a destruction of BJ Penn

So, for those of you who keep saying Khabib can´t be a dominant champ because of his poor striking
1405f-3.gif

you don´t know what you´re talking about.
Matt-Hughes.gif

You're comparing fighters multiple eras apart.

This is an idiotic thread as is. Different eras, different competitors in their divisions, different weight classes.

And for the record, some of Hughes first losses came to guys who could outstrike him.

This is an idiotic thread as is. Different eras, different competitors in their divisions, different weight classes.
Multiples eras???? Damn!!! It´s been 10 years now, man. If you consider a 10 year gap "multiple eras", good for you. I don´t.

And for the record, some of Hughes first losses came to guys who could outstrike him.
Nobody said he was unbeatable. I said he was a dominant champ being a unidimensional grappler. Just like Khabib! Are you that stupid or just trolling?

This is an idiotic post as is. And you did a completely dog shit job of explaining why any of the facts you listed matter. It's not self evident and you're just wrong. Fuck you

This is an idiotic post as is. And you did a completely dog shit job of explaining why any of the facts you listed matter. It's not self evident and you're just wrong. Fuck you
Thanks, mate.

Ok. Did I actually disagree with TS? I just said his comparison was stupid.

Brasil Wand making another crap post. What's new?

You're the one rebutting about "muh different eras" as to why Khabib can't have a similar run to Hughes.

Granted the have very different skillsets, the LEVEL in which they performed their trade was FAAAAAAR above what their contemporarary fighters could emulate/defend at the time.

I.e. Unless you want Jim Bob at the YMCA teaching you his curriculum of "intro to Sambo" There aren't many Sambo Masters on this side of the globe to try and match that skill level.

Nice try leaf but that's 0-2 now.

Care to go 0-3?

<13>

24-0

In THIS era

<{hughesimpress}>

I'm not saying Khabib isn't good, because he is. But the 24-0 thing...let's have some context here

9fEYqeJl.jpg

And he probably shouldn't have gotten the decision vs Tibau either.

dennis-hallman-shorts-intro.jpg don't you forget about this guy, dude bro. This guy holds 2 wins over the other dude you mentioned in under a minute COMBINED! Broski

2rclovk.jpg
to you, did you forget about this guy???????

Dude had terrible striking!!! Yet he was the second most dominant welterweight champ in history, only after Goat Saint Pierre.

hugheschokept02_medium.gif

1.gif

hughes-slams-trigg-o.gif

BigheartedCoarseHyena.gif

hughes-slams-trigg-o.gif

Call him whatever you like, overrated, unidimensional...

But the facts remain:

9 title fight victories. 5 of which were consecutive title defenses.

Including a finish over GSP.
1415258256Hughes___St.gif

and a destruction of BJ Penn

So, for those of you who keep saying Khabib can´t be a dominant champ because of his poor striking
1405f-3.gif

you don´t know what you´re talking about.
Matt-Hughes.gif

I agree, Khabib would be champ in 2006.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back