I could have knocked him out but I was having fun – Cody Garbrant on Dominick Cruz

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
“But guys, there is a rematch facing the future, and I can give you my prediction already. I’m going to knock him out in the second round next time. I was having a good time. Enjoying the present while we fought. I really was having a hard time. It could have ended several times but I was having a lot of fun.”

Cody Garbrandt remarked to the reporter incredulously asked: “Are you saying that you played with him just for pure fun?” To which the champion responded with a resounding “Of course.”

http://fightstate.com/knocked-fun-cody-garbrant/

196.gif

To be honest, he clowned Dom Cruz in that fight. A TKO was probably a possibility if TattooNeck decided to take a risk

Lil Plat you lost the 5th round. What the fuck are you talking about?

He could of finished him instead of pointing at him.

To be honest, he clowned Dom Cruz in that fight. A TKO was probably a possibility if TattooNeck decided to take a risk

Not sure he could have finished Dom or not but I think everyone agrees it's possible he could have finished him if he would have followed up.

I don't. You don't go to these crazy judges if you don't have to.
I mean, why he taunted him after the knockdowns instead of rushing and finishing? Its not like Cruz had any major danger as he's not a sub master or Leben zombie to present any risks

I mean, why he taunted him after the knockdowns instead of rushing and finishing? Its not like Cruz had any major danger as he's not a sub master or Leben zombie to present any risks

Because he wanted a flashy KO. Cruz was never really out on the ground anyway and probably would have outwrestled him there.

Because he wanted a flashy KO. Cruz was never really out on the ground anyway and probably would have outwrestled him there.
A fresh Cruz was struggling to wrestle Cody, I don't think a rocked Cruz would do better

is your avatar a young boy getting hung by the neck???

CodyG put on a masterclass performance. I hope he keeps his ego in check and maintains dominance.

If you could, you would.
Like if you could show gym footage of you knocking out TJ, you would.

Back