Khabib vs Cucuy is one of those fights

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
That I am really going to have a hard time rooting against EITHER guy for.

Ferguson is one of my true favorite fighters today. The guy ALWAYS puts on entertaining fights, and does the most wild, unorthodox sh*t in the cage, ever. I think he would make a fantastically entertaining champion. Maybe one of the most exciting fighters in LW history.

That said, if Khabib wins this fight, he will be one of the biggest phenoms we have ever seen in MMA, at 25-0. He could well have that aura of invincibility that we have rarely, if EVER seen in MMA. He goes on to beat McG, he could well be our next superstar.

So no matter who wins, I really can't be too bummed. This fight, and its outcome, no matter WHAT, is a win-win, for we the fans.

Yeah, it's one of those fights when the two best LWs at the moment fight each other. Reminiscent of Cain vs JDS, Condit (at the time) vs GSP and Lobov vs Swanson? ahahah. But no, I can't wait !

I'm rooting for Khabib but can't be too pissed If Tony wins.

Tony is a giant douche but one of the few douches I can stand. I even like his cringe factor.

I agree. I think Khabib gives Conor the better fight so I'm kind of pulling for him but it should be a great fight.

This fight is insane i hope for 5 rounds war. Imo the winner is real lw champ. Come at me pregnant champ fanboys

Will be amazing to watch Khabib smash this hypejob.

I am biased towards wrestlers but whoever wins, I'll be happy. You are right though, if Khabib wins and dominates, his hype will reach insane levels. If Khabib dominates and calls out Conor, the match willl happen. Can't wait for the fight. This is like the pinnacle of MMA.

i just hope it goes off. why oh why do i have this nagging feeling...

i'm the opposite; i like both fighters and like every other time 2 good fighters match up, i'm excited and i love it.

so a fighter i like isn't as good (or had an off day, or doesn't match up well, etc) as his opponent - so what? doesn't mean i like him less. it means they were tested and that day they came up short.

but most older fans felt that way. in Pride especially, but also early UFC, a loss on a record wasn't nearly as career ending as it is today. i like the old way better. consider a close fight - a virtual tie - that could have gone either way; 2 months later, many fans remember it as the winning fighter "dominated" and the other opponent "sucks". a virtual tie. such bullshit. and i'm not exaggerating by much, if at all.

so enjoy your fav fighters. enjoy their wins, and enjoy when they come up short. just don't bandwagon jump. and when they come up short, consider what they would do or not do differently next time. it takes your fan status to a whole new level.

cheers.

Yeah, it's one of those fights when the two best LWs at the moment fight each other. Reminiscent of Cain vs JDS, Condit (at the time) vs GSP and Lobov vs Swanson? ahahah. But no, I can't wait !
The winner is the loser. Connor is gonna take either's head off.

UFC 209 will be talked about for many years.

Ferguson is one of my true favorite fighters today. The guy ALWAYS puts on entertaining fights, and does the most wild, unorthodox sh*t in the cage, ever. I think he would make a fantastically entertaining champion. Maybe one of the most exciting fighters in LW history.

That said, if Khabib wins this fight, he will be one of the biggest phenoms we have ever seen in MMA, at 25-0. He could well have that aura of invincibility that we have rarely, if EVER seen in MMA. He goes on to beat McG, he could well be our next superstar.

So no matter who wins, I really can't be too bummed. This fight, and its outcome, no matter WHAT, is a win-win, for we the fans.
True. The thing I hope most is that none of the two gets damaged too much.

Im the only here i think that is having a hard time figuring out who to root for

I dislike both fighters so its a tough call. Its a shame one of these guys has to win. Double KO seems unlikely

I think Ferg finishes him in the 4th or 5th

I don't enjoy Khabibs style, or watching him try to fight standing up. Where as Ferguson is always entertaining. It's really no contest for me, in terms of who I want to win.

better breakdown than this dan hardy breakdown lol.

I like both guys and cant wait to see this fight finally. However, i'm rooting for Khabib, cause as much as i like tony's fighting style, he's annoying as fuck to me. He's not Max bad with the trash talk, but he's in the same ball park. This is a pick em fight to me. No idea how this one will go down. Maybe Khabib dominating early, Tony taking over in championship rounds, to a close decision. no idea, but cant wait.

Back