Draw with a belt on the line

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
With Thompson vs Woodley - Woodley (or whoever the champ is, no racist) shouldn't have been allowed to keep the belt.

You didn't win. Neither did the other guy. Should each person receive half?

No, here's what should happen, nobody is the champ. There is declaired a vacancy in the belt and in the rematch a champion will be named. This will also reset the belt holder's reign counter if they get some kind of Anderson Silva like reign.

What do you think? Agree, ideas for improvement?

I'm not good at multitasking sorry

disagree. this was decided centuries ago in other sports. reinventing the wheel to make it octagonal would not be a step forward, and neither would your idea.

disagree. this was decided centuries ago in other sports. reinventing the wheel to make it octagonal would not be a step forward, and neither would your idea.

Can we at least give the other guy an interim belt?

Ideas need to change sometimes, that's why archaic presidents get elected

Or at the absolute least, when Bruce buffer does the announcement he says "And still ... kind of ... the UFC champion etc"

Nah, 6th round, no time limit, 2 men enter, 1 man leave.

If beastin' 25/8 gets to keep his nickname boring fight afte boring fight, then woodley gets to keep his belt until wonderboy beats him...

How about Woodley gives up the gold belt and receives a silver belt until it's certified?

I'm not running out of ideas until I fix this.

With Thompson vs Woodley - Woodley (or whoever the champ is, no racist) shouldn't have been allowed to keep the belt.

You didn't win. Neither did the other guy. Should each person receive half?

No, here's what should happen, nobody is the champ. There is declaired a vacancy in the belt and in the rematch a champion will be named. This will also reset the belt holder's reign counter if they get some kind of Anderson Silva like reign.

What do you think? Agree, ideas for improvement?

Disagree, if you can't beat the champion you don't deserve the belt, and if you don't lose to the challenger you shouldn't lose the belt.

As I understand it mma fights can be up to 30 min. So why not just have an extra round if it's a draw like on tuf.

Metrosexual TS trying to change age old sports combat rules.

Can we at least give the other guy an interim belt?

Ideas need to change sometimes, that's why archaic presidents get elected

No way!

The ONLY advantage a champion should walk into the octagon with is that in the event of a draw, he retains his belt. He had to beat someone to get his; someone should have to defeat him to take the belt from him.

How dare you accuse me of a specific sexuality

I flamed before I saw it was you Clippy...I had assumed (given the beta nature of this thread) you were the average weak ass sherdogger posting hippie shit.

I got avocado on my sweat pants this morning, I wore them to the gym anyway.

I will change before dinner however.

I wonder if that would have any 'lasting effects'

Or at the absolute least, when Bruce buffer does the announcement he says "And still ... kind of ... the UFC champion etc"
And in the next fight no "undisputed"

"And in the red corner, the reigning, sort of defending, a little bit disputed but still basically ... kind of ... champion of the world ..."

Back