McGregor vs Diaz: One of the best rivalries in UFC history?

RiotWyatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Just look past all of the hating and nut hugging of McGregor. The first fight is already a classic, 2nd one lived up to the hype and a potential 3rd could be even better. I guess we have to throw in the water bottle fight and count it too.

Other rivalries to compare:
Royce vs Shamrock
Tito vs Shamrock
Chuck vs Tito
Chuck vs Randy
Arlovski vs Sylvia
GSP vs Penn
Lesnar vs Mir
Silva vs Sonnen

I just wish Nate would take some other fight. Him just waiting around dimishes the whole thing in my opinion. If he beats a contender right now it would actually legitimize the feud and we'd have something. At the moment it feels somehow wrong. Conor should fight the interim champ and then Nate comes in after a decent win. Best scenario.

Where are the Nate Diaz nuthhuggers that infested the site after the first fight? {<jordan}<{vega}><18>

I just wish Nate would take some other fight. Him just waiting around dimishes the whole thing in my opinion. If he beats a contender right now it would actually legitimize the feud and we'd have something. At the moment it feels somehow wrong. Conor should fight the interim champ and then Nate comes in after a decent win. Best scenario.

Nate will eventually take another fight. Either that or McGregor will eventually lose and take another fight with Diaz OR the UFC could just go wild and give a title shot to Diaz right away which is probably the most likely scenario.

Where are the Nate Diaz nuthhuggers that infested the site after the first fight? {<jordan}<{vega}><18>

Honestly, there aren't really any Nate fanatics. They're all extreme Conor haters to the point where they become fanatical about his opponents.

Same with Cyborg. There are really no diehard Cyborg fans, only Rhonda haters.

Last edited:
Nate will eventually take another fight. Either that or McGregor will eventually lose and take another fight with Diaz OR the UFC could just go wild and give a title shot to Diaz right away which is probably the most likely scenario.
McGregor losing just means he's fighting for a belt right away, whichever belt he desires from 170 to 145, I don't believe he'd fight Nate rather just for the cash. He needs to have a belt on him at all times, being a contender lowers his persona in the public eye. Of course it wouldn't impact him that much but I think he'd rather have a title fight than a third one with Nate.

The most likely scenario, how you put it, is also the worst one in my eyes. I want them to have a third fight but I'd like it to be legit not just gifted fights. It would elevate the rivalrly in everyone's eyes.

Honestly, there aren't really any Nate fanatics. They're all extreme Conor haters to the point where they become fanatical about husband opponents.

Definitely not true. I'm a Nate fan and not a Conor hater. There are plenty more like me.

Im with ya, Diaz bros have been incredibly frustrating to be a fan of lately because they just refuse to take fights unless its THE big fight. I don't agree with holding out for that fight until it comes, why not go beat some ass once or twice to make people really take notice and make the 3rd fight even bigger

Honestly, there aren't really any Nate fanatics. They're all extreme Conor haters to the point where they become fanatical about husband opponents.

.... Lol?

I like Nate and Conor.. But Nates been around and I've been a fan of his much longer.. So I sided with Nate.

I think your logic is flawed..

All I know is that their two fights were awesome.

Sure, I would rather see fresh match ups at this point but if they fight again, I would definitely watch and enjoy it.

Nah not true man, the Diaz bros both have had a big following for a long time it is nothing remotely close to Cyborg. Do you think its a coincidence the Conor vs Nate fights were the biggest thing the UFC has ever done?

Yeah Conor was the main draw but Nate was and is still probably the biggest name for him to fight in the UFC

I been a fan of Nate since season 5 of TUF when he told Karo get back before i sock your ass lol

seriously, this is absolutely retarded.
Yes, we understand all you know about MMA is Conor, but please, spare us from your fanboyism calling his fights against Nate "Classic".
They were not.

The first one, COnor (with a full camp) was humiliated by a middle-of-the-pack guy who was partying in Cabo and had no camp.
The second fight was a sloppy fight in which Conor won a very pedestrian majority decision by running from Nate
These are NOT classic.

If you want classic fights, watch Anderson SIlva, or even better, Robbie Lawler fight against Rory, or many other real classic.

Just because Conor is fighting, it doesn't mean it is a classic.

Im with ya, Diaz bros have been incredibly frustrating to be a fan of lately because they just refuse to take fights unless its THE big fight. I don't agree with holding out for that fight until it comes, why not go beat some ass once or twice to make people really take notice and make the 3rd fight even bigger
Makes no sense to me. I'll crush a can if they paycheck is big enough. Fighting might be a passion/calling but it also puts food on the table.

Currently, Edgar vs. Maynard is still the best trilogy in UFC History.

In terms of close fights, Tito vs. Forrest is right up there as well, all 3 fights could have gone either way.

I think if Conor wants to fight GSP/Woodley instead of Khabib/Tony winner, I think that it would be nice to at least see Diaz vs Ferguson or Khabib vs Eddie or maybe even Diaz vs Eddie.

Yeah it's up there. Two competitive, exciting, high level fights with a ton of hype. I dont see a third fight being as big though. Nate lost a lot of the momentum he had going for him by sitting out so long.

Back