How was the UFC 205 fallout here on Sherdog?

Mr. Hammer

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Regrettably I haven't posted as frequently on Sherdog as I used to, and I was curious what this place was like for the week or so leading into 205 until a few weeks after. I'm sure it was a hilarious mess, lots of sore losers, lost accounts, etc. but I'd like to hear an eye-witness account or 20. I recall a very anti-Conor sentiment here, you couldn't praise the man without being swarmed and accused of being a Conor fan noob or whatever it was the cool kids were saying but I also recall an "Eddie is the man and would destroy Conor" sentiment even before the fight was ever signed/announced. I'm sure there were some crushed dreams here, I would like to hear about them. Alternatively any "I told you so" stories of triumph are welcome.

I was butthurt a f about Weidman for the record, glad I didn't come here and embarrass myself.

Thanks guys.

as always, they just switched to another fighter that was the one that would "demolish" Conor

first it was mendes, then it was aldo, then it was alvarez, and now its khabib

Nobody cared.

The ONLY headline was the UFC's prior KNOWLEDGE of Connie taking a maternity leave and BUMPING him in front of Khabib to serve him the WEAKEST fluke LW champ in UFC history on a platter.

There might've been Connie haters rooting for Eddie, BUT anyone with common sense knew chinny Eddie didn't stand a chance.

PS I could've TOLD you what would've happened @ UFC 205 beforehand.

Sauce: my 3/3 Fight picks WITH spot on analysis

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/brasil-wands-quick-picks-for-ufc-205.3392807/

as always, they just switched to another fighter that was the one that would "demolish" Conor

true , eventually they will hit paydirt though...

Diaz was the one "handpicked opponent" who haters weren't giving a chance to. Then when Diaz won Conor suddenly had no chance against him, then Conor won the rematch lol. They've never been right.

Nobody cared.

The ONLY headline was the UFC's prior KNOWLEDGE of Connie taking a maternity leave and BUMPING him in front of Khabib to serve him the WEAKEST fluke LW champ in UFC history on a platter.

There might've been Connie haters rooting for Eddie, BUT anyone with common sense knew chinny Eddie didn't stand a chance.

PS I could've TOLD you what would've happened @ UFC 205 beforehand.

Sauce: my 3/3 Fight picks WITH spot on analysis

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/brasil-wands-quick-picks-for-ufc-205.3392807/
4e8.gif

Hate him or hate him but Colin is really good was my reaction. But I already knew that.

Diaz was the one "handpicked opponent" who haters weren't giving a chance to. Then when Diaz won Conor suddenly had no chance against him, then Conor won the rematch lol. They've never been right.

its funny because if you look at it Diaz is one of the worst matchups possible for Conor

his Chin and cardio are too good for him to get KO'd cold

his BJJ is too good for Conor to lay on him

I can't remember. I got so fucked up that night, I don't think I got on for a month.

true , eventually they will hit paydirt though...

LEL this thread has been hijacked by the Connie Fangirl circle jerk.

ZERO CREDIBILITY considering THESE were the SAME guys saying:

Prefight:

>Hurr Durr Skinny Fat Nayt can't take da left

Postfight:

>REEEEEEEEEE b-b-but Nayt wuz 6'4 265lbs!!!

<36>
<36>
<36>

LEL this thread has been hijacked by the Connie Fangirl circle jerk.

ZERO CREDIBILITY considering THESE were the SAME guys saying:

Prefight:

>Hurr Durr Skinny Fat Nayt can't take da left

Postfight:

>REEEEEEEEEE b-b-but Nayt wuz 6'4 265lbs!!!

<36>
<36>
<36>
Still using LEL.

it turned out the Alvarez was actually the worst fighter ever and was HIGHLY overrated. Most of sherdog KNEW he was just another can for McGregor, and all it did was show just how protected McGregor still is.

Apparently, alvarez is a bum now. Oh yeah, and khabib brought the violence for once.

I honestly think Diaz was "handpicked" simply because he made for the bigger/more popular fight, not so much how easy it might have been to win.

Apparently no one understood who Eddie Alvarez was before the fight and after, everyone suddendly forgot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back