Khabib V GSP in a full on Grappling match...

XxWolfXx

WOLF BELT
@red
Reaction score
Who takes it?
1405f-3.gif

ZybPe4Y.gif

tSnU6Z5.gif

DX3olXj.gif

gsp_koscheck_takedown_defense.gif

gsp-textbook-takedown_zps3b2b1e23_medium.gif

14k8a51.gif

Think maybe Kebab. He's been grappling all his life while Saint is a striker who picked up wrestling really well later in life, plus younger and less shopworn. Little size difference despite fighting in different weight classes.

Think maybe Kebab. He's been grappling all his life while Saint is a striker who picked up wrestling really well later in life, plus younger and less shopworn. Little size difference despite fighting in different weight classes.
Gsp is leaner at a higher weight he is a lot bigger and stronger . Toss 55lbers is all easier then the 170 goat

There is a big size difference.

GSP is a lean and extremely muscular 170lb.

Khabib is in decent shape for a 155lber.

This "fake news" about GSP being a small WW needs to stop.

Gsp is leaner at a higher weight he is a lot bigger and stronger . Toss 55lbers is all easier then the 170 goat
I don't think he is a "lot" bigger. Both around 5'10, GSP walks around at 185-190 usually while Khabib supposedly is also around that weight.

"Weight cut evolution."

Khabib couldn't take down Glieson Tibau who had a size advantage, so I don't think he'd be able to take down GSP.

GSP cause he is more athletic and just bigger

Even if Khabib is the better wrestler GSP is just the better athlete

Maybe if Khabib didn't have a dad bod

He's definitely not a big welterweight.

Maybe not by today's standard but he was one of the biggest and strongest during his time.

Now he is mid level. Definitely not small.

He is thinking of fighting Bisping at 185lbs. How can he do that if he isn't big enough for WW now?

Draw. Stalemate.If we are talking straight grappling.

If we're talking about "pure grappling" Khabib takes it and it's not even close.

I think Khabib has more submission prowess due to his sambo style, but GSP would most likely control him from the top.

He's bigger, and has better wrestling imo.

I think the best fights that can be made are:

Conor Lando
Ferg Nate
GSP vs Khalabeeb

Just from a stylistic perspective, this is the way to go.

GSP has basic but effective take downs and good top control. Believe it or not though he does occasionally leave gaps (literally) when in top of opponents that a top level BJJ guy can exploit easily to regain full guard at least. See infamous gif of BJ Penn twisting from side control to full guard while under GSP. We get eviscerated by our professor at my gym if we dare leave that much space between hips while in side control.

Khabib on other hand has some of the most violent and scary take downs I've seen. Getting taken down like that HURTS. There is nothing gentle or even refined about his technique. It's full on blunt force and strength.

Back