Do you still think that McGregor vs. Mayweather is going to happen?

WeirdFacts

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
How many people still think the fight might actually take place and how? I've kind of lost my hope already but since it's a fight I'd really like to see I'd be happy to hear exactly "how" this fight could take place now that we know about the UFC contracts etc. preventing it from happening. I guess the only way is that the UFC "borrows" McGregor for that one bout with Mayweather but for what price? I think they would want at least 50 million or so for that because those 4 fights Conor still has to fight would bring probably at least that to them.

The problem with paying 50 million to UFC to let Conor fight would mean 50 million less payment to Conor from the boxing bout. And I reckon that would be about all he's getting so he would be fighting for free. Not going to happen. What are your thoughts?

I think the next time we see McGregor fight it's against winner of Khabib vs. Ferguson and if he wins, he might try his wings at 170 to get a third belt. He should just storm through those 4 fights to be able to sign a contract with Mayweather before it's too late. He could be done in less than a year but what does he do? Maternity leave? In his prime? And also add in that he took minimal damage in the Alvarez fight, he's ready to go!

*sigh*

It seems there's so much money involved for everybody, it's an inevitable farce.

81257-Ron-Swanson-dont-care-gif-lMgn.gif

I am amazed at how many people claim to understand martial arts yet are actually excited to see McGoobs get boxed up by Mayweather and apparently think it's going to be fiercely competitive.

I am amazed at how many people claim to understand martial arts yet are actually excited to see McGoobs get boxed up by Mayweather and apparently think it's going to be fiercely competitive.
I doubt there are many people who think It will be a competitive fight.

It will however be a spectacle. I don't think anyone whether they're a hardcore fan or a casual won't be tuning In, regardless of what they say.

*sigh*

It seems there's so much money involved for everybody, it's an inevitable farce.

The UFC would lose though. Unless the UFC arranged the whole fight, which is not going to happen because Floyd wants to do it. And there's no way UFC would sell Conor for that boxing fight for less than 50 mil because it might taint his reputation. And are we really expecting Conor to benefit over 50mil from the Floyd fight before paying the UFC?

I think the only way it would happen, is for the UFC to get their part out of Conors side. Floyd doesn't need the money, and is making a ton off his sponcors right now. Conor's ego is too big for him to take less, although he'd still make 20-30 million.
IMO, It's not happening. I think it's the trilogy fight next for Conor.

Ofc it will happen.

{<Mcgoat}

Conor via head clean off.
The malteser is going down.

I doubt there are many people who think It will be a competitive fight.

It will however be a spectacle. I don't think anyone whether they're a hardcore fan or a casual won't be tuning In, regardless of what they say.

Exactly, nothing wrong in a spectacle. Hate it or love it, people want to see it because it's historically important and includes that stupid 0,01% chance of something unimaginable happening. I watched some MMA fighter fight a boxer and in his first bout he accidentally took the boxer down in the first round. Second round he almost did it again. Those instincts are really deep in MMA fighters, though Conor isn't really a "I'll take you down" type so he'll not probably fall into those mistakes.

Seeing as there are people out there who are actually stupid enough to be interested in this fight, I guess it does have a minor chance of happening.

It already did happen. Conor was drinking at his neighbourhood bar In Philly, when Mayweather and his manager showed up to chirp him in front of a t.v
Camera.

Conor's wife's brother got fed up with the stunt and pushed Floyd twice, the second time Floyd cracked him and dropped him.

Conor stood up and Said: "hey you just knocked him down now why don't you try knocking me down?!"

Floyd's manager was all like: "no! Only in the ring! Floyd Mayweather only fights in the ring!"

Conor was all like: "my ring's outside."

Floyd: "let's do it!"

Then they scrapped. It was an awesome fight too. Strangest part was, near the end of the fight, there was an entire brass section just blaring out awesome fight music! But I never saw where it was coming from.

Conner vs T.I. is the fight to make. He apparently fought to a draw with Floyd in the Fat Burger. Maybe that's a title eliminator and the winner figjts Floyd for the UAFBOS belt in the parking lot of a taco shop.

It already did happen. Conor was drinking at his neighbourhood bar In Philly, when Mayweather and his manager showed up to chirp him in front of a t.v
Camera.

Conor's wife's brother got fed up with the stunt and pushed Floyd twice, the second time Floyd cracked him and dropped him.

Conor stood up and Said: "hey you just knocked him down now why don't you try knocking me down?!"

Floyd's manager was all like: "no! Only in the ring! Floyd Mayweather only fights in the ring!"

Then they scrapped. It was an awesome fight too. Strangest part was, near the end of the fight, there was an entire brass section just blaring out awesome fight music! But I never saw where it was coming from.

Camera.

You forgot to mention the part where Floyd's dad KO'd Conor with a bottle of whiskey.

Haha no. It took years for floyd and pac to fight and they're in the same sport.

It's purely attention seeking to keep the media attention high

Three years ago, people were saying Mayweather-Pacquiao would never happen. Mayweather-McGregor is a lock for 2017, IMO. Too much money to be made for everyone involved.

Biggest money McGregor will make in the foreseeable future, one last big money fight for Mayweather and the easiest route to 50-0, and the UFC will probably benefit from some sort of percentage + mainstream exposure to plug their late-2017 events and improve on 2016's business.

Mayweather will likely win and retire, and nobody's going to hold it against McGregor if he loses, since he's crossing over to another sport. It's a win-win for everyone, but I anticipate UFC will be the biggest hurdle.

The NAC will give in, Showtime will be very accommodating if it's on Showtime PPV, and both Mayweather and McGregor have their own promotional companies. They'll settle on a number. It's just a matter of if UFC wants to be antagonistic and use their restrictive contractual language to stop McGregor.

with you. My jaw nearly drops every time i see some dumb ass contemplating mcgregor's chance at victory. The man gets his bell rung by nate, and yet he's going to be competitive with arguably the greatest boxer to ever live.

I can see it happening. Why would Mayweather turn down an easy payday? And why would Conor turn down an opportunity to change his bum life?

The only possible hurdle is the athletic commission, but I'm sure given the potential gates they will be "persuaded" to sanction the contest.

Back