Tony is Khabib's worst match-up in the division?

Touch of Death

Free @Soul On Ice
@Brown
Reaction score
We all know styles makes fights.

Tony is around 1-2 inches taller and has good TDD defense.
He also has around a 6 inch reach advantage and a more diverse and way superior stand-up.
I make fun of him being knocked down by Lando but he a good chin and can absorb punishment, but we haven't seen him against a real great grappler.
But he is a 10th planet BJJ brown belt and has a great D'Arce finishing two of his last 3 opponents with it.
I also genuinely believe Tony has a better chance of finishing Khabib than Khabib finishing him.

The only other fighter I can think that would be a worse match-up for Khabib would likely be Barboza.

Tony probably has more ways of finishing the fight.

If Khabib wins, it is much more likely he wins by UD.

Right now Tony is everybody s worst match up at LW...

I'll tell you who his worst matchup is

dh3Y24i.gif

@Myrddin Wild @scorpipede @Toco

your completely right, my friend. lando would stop all of his takedowns and make a highlight reel out of him

dh3Y24i.gif

Lando would light him up like a Christmas tree, Lando would be all over him like white on rice, Lando would Groove all over him until he's in an Actual Living Dieded.

Eaglez worse nightmare is the "real" El Cucuy

R6Tmizu.png

To me they're both the worst stylistic matchup of each other.

We all know styles makes fights.

Tony is around 1-2 inches taller and has good TDD defense.
He also has around a 6 inch reach advantage and a more diverse and way superior stand-up.
I make fun of him being knocked down by Lando but he a good chin and can absorb punishment, but we haven't seen him against a real great grappler.
But he is a 10th planet BJJ brown belt and has a great D'Arce finishing two of his last 3 opponents with it.
I also genuinely believe Tony has a better chance of finishing Khabib than Khabib finishing him.

The only other fighter I can think that would be a worse match-up for Khabib would likely be Barboza.
Aldo

Panic choker who lacks an ounce Groove in his body.

must sweat all his groove out (if it were ever there to being with, am I right?) unlike Lando whose Groove insists that he challenge himself in a bigger weight class.

must sweat all his groove out (if it were ever there to being with, am I right?) unlike Lando whose Groove insists that he challenge himself in a bigger weight class.

<mma4>

Excellent points you bring up here, I would have to tend to agree with every word in which you said in this post.

Back