UFC 209: Khabib Nurmagomedov’s father wants ‘Eagle’ to retire in two years

Bumblebeef

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
“I don’t want to upset any fans but Khabib is 28 years old and by 30 he has to finish his career,” Abdulmanap explained to Life.ru as translated by Egemen Birben via Bloody Elbow. “I've never voiced this opinion before, didn't talk about it to anyone. But I'm afraid he's got left 1.5 years.”

For the elder Nurmagomedov, it’s all about preserving his son’s health.

“I want him as a healthy, thinking person. I want him to develop other fighters. In such a big sport, a career between 24-30 years old is enough.”

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/2/26/1...father-wants-eagle-to-retire-in-two-years-mma

Not surprised. According to Khabib, his father didn't even let him spar until he was 21.

Khabib is still his boy.... even at 30.

Not surprised. According to Khabib, his father didn't even let him spar until he was 21.

And because of that he is very hittable and will sustain more damage than he ever would have had he honed his boxing through sparring at a younger age.

I bet Kalabib's father is friends with Mark Northcutt.

Great, so that means we can look forward to exactly 1 more fight before he retires.

He had two years out so he can fight till he's 32 daddy.

And because of that he is very hittable and will sustain more damage than he ever would have had he honed his boxing through sparring at a younger age.
Yeah, cause he's been taking a ton of damage in his fights.

I think he quits March 5 like he quit after injured. Khabib is very emotional when things arnt going his way. And they wont be going his way.

I hope he gets a few good paydays before then, two years is a short amount of time, that is like what 2 or 3 fights?

Awesome, one good injury and he's already retired!

Just kidding, of course. Khabib's UFC career has already been shorter than it should have been. I think if he's champ he will go a bit longer than this. He has more to show fans of the sport against top competition.

I think he quits March 5 like he quit after injured. Khabib is very emotional when things arnt going his way. And they wont be going his way.

Ferguson will look like a murder victim after this fight and Khabib will make him quit. Signature bet? Your favorite fighter vs mine :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back