Pencak silat

RawHawg

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Does anyone still exhibit this skill in UFC/MMA? I recall in the early days, there was one strict practitioner of it who competed, and was not successful.

Same can be said about Escrima and Wang Chan Kung Fu

What about kamehameha and instant transmission or gomu gomu no jet pistol, anyone using it?

honestly, i think pencak silat is way to deadly for the ufc to allow pure trained fighters of that discipline to join.

Sounds like something I'd order at a restaurant with a 'B' health rating

Same can be said about Escrima and Wang Chan Kung Fu

Wing Chun (to give you a short hand version) does work if you're a big dude.

Of course, I'm talking about modified Wing Chun, as hand trapping is (for the most part) not not not practical.

What IS practical is CRASHING through your opponents defense and ENDING the fight without needless "exposition" so to speak.

Given proper training/technique, fighters who are willing to punch WITH their opponents have time and time again shown to be...DEVASTATING, and in many cases, that's what you do in Wing Chun.

MODIFIED for MMA mind you, where ones center-line is but a facet of the whole, and lateral movement is fucking VITAL.

I could go on, but there you have it.

Malaysia has One Silat. Like mma with no cage or rope. Naturally, foreign mma trained/grapplers dominated.

The prison fight scene is my favorite from the THE RAID franchise. What bout yours?

If only director Gareth Evans would still make The Raid 3. :(

I'm still waiting Sagat and Fei Long in SFV, but a pencak silat new char will be cool too

The prison fight scene is my favorite from the THE RAID franchise. What bout yours?

If only director Gareth Evans would still make The Raid 3. :(

Did they make a Raid 3 or is it under production? 1 and 2 were both super fucking awesome.

Did they make a Raid 3 or is it under production? 1 and 2 were both super fucking awesome.

Evans did an interview a few months ago saying he's not doing Raid 3. <2>He moved back to the UK, and no longer living in Indonesia.

Anderson Silva and Tony Ferguson train some Wing Chun. Wing Chun is pretty useless for someone who trains only Wing Chun but its got some complimentary stuff thats useful to someone who knows boxing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back