Conor's kicking game is underrated

T

The Great Macsby

It has robbed him of energy in past fights but it has also helped win him two (Nate and Mendes fights). If he can become more efficient with them he will be even more of a complete fighter. God help anyone if 1 lands.
Technique wise it is up there with wonderboy thompson.

mcgregor-kickgif.gif

Conor's kicking game is 90% flash and misdirection. Has he ever actually landed a high kick in a fight? Everything he does is to setup the straight left and he does that very, very well. Those kicks are just thrown to give his opponent something else to think about and distract from the left.

Considering he has no knockouts, TKOs, knockdowns, and has never seriously hurt/stunned anyone with the use of a kick (at least in the UFC), I'm going to say, no, his kicks really aren't underrated at all. He has a very slow, telegraphed wheel kick that he throws with no setup which I've never seen land clean and some push kicks/teeps he uses mainly to keep distance. I'd never seen him even throw a leg kick more than once or twice before the 2nd Diaz fight. The most notable thing he's done with his kicks in the octagon is contribute to gassing out Chad Mendes, who was coming in on only a few weeks notice and obviously was not as conditioned as he could've been with a full training camp.

I will say that he USED to have a nice front leg hook kick and a jumping switch kick that he used to catch people like Holloway off guard with back in his earlier UFC fights, but those have basically completely vanished from his arsenal in the past few years.

Last edited by a moderator:
LEL do you even train bro?

Don't worry TS, it's a rhetorical question.

<28>

He doesn't land any kicks tho

There was a thread which was wastelanded a long time ago that compared Conor's kicks with a video of teenage girls training Taekwondo. The teenage girls had a much better kicking game (faster, more accurate, more fluid) than McGregor.

your nuthugging game is underrated. Conor lands push kicks and throws flashy kicks out of range. I would say He likes throwing them, but to me, they seem to be very ineffective.

Considering he has no knockouts, TKOs, knockdowns, and has never seriously hurt/stunned anyone with the use of a kick (at least in the UFC), I'm going to say, no, his kicks really aren't underrated at all. He has a very slow, telegraphed wheel kick that I've never seen land clean and some push kicks/teeps he uses mainly to keep distance. I'd never seen him even throw a leg kick more than once or twice before the 2nd Diaz fight. The most notable thing he's done with his kicks in the octagon is contribute to gassing out Chad Mendes who was coming in on only a few weeks notice and obviously was not as conditioned as he could've been with a full training camp.

I will say that he USED to have a very tricky front leg hook kick that he used to catch people like Holloway off guard with back in his earlier UFC fights but that has basically completely vanished from his arsenal in the past few years.

<JerryWWF>
You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

Conor%2BMcGregor%2Bvs%2BDiego%2BBrand%C3%A3o%2B(3

He stunned Brendao with his spinning hook kick here.

070_Chad_Mendes_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.0.jpg

In mendes fight, His front kick played a huge part for making medes to gas out.
Again you could argue it was due to his short camp, but as a wrestler who trains as much as he does in a daily basis, It is odd to say he gassed out because of lack of preparation.

Last edited:
Can you get Conors dick out of your butthole?

{<Mcgoat} Its only underrated because he normally uses his legs for running from contenders.

God

God help anyone if 1 lands.
Technique wise it is up there with wonderboy thompson.

How can you overlook the fact that his kicks don't land? That's kind of an important part of effective kicking.

Also, the guy just learned how to low kick for the 2nd Diaz fight. Come on.

Conor's kicking game is 90% flash and misdirection. Has he ever actually landed a high kick in a fight? Everything he does is to setup the straight left and he does that very, very well. Those kicks are just thrown to give his opponent something else to think about and distract from the left.

This pretty much sums it up perfectly. Only exception being those body kicks against mendes, and the leg kicks early on against Nate. Rest is purely for show.

Back