My gut tells me glover will upset Gus in sweden.

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
there are several reasons why. My mind tells me Gus will win this, but my gut says glover. heres why.

1. Gus fans will undoubtedly start making posts and threads about how Gus will run though him, and how gus is simply better and such. Gus fans are respectable because they stand by him no matter what and no matter how ludicrous. However, they said the same thing when he fought rumble and when he fought rampage. They would argue to the point of insanity if you made a case for rumble winning that fight. Well we remember how that happened. I truly think the overly aggressive support of Gus from his fans has jinxed him in his recent matches. i remember how rumble was boo'd in Sweden, and then after the fight you could hear a pin drop.

2. Hes fighting in Sweden. Before rumble, Gus was undefeated in Sweden. however, when he lost to rumble, i think he became very ashamed or embarrassed for losing in front of him home, I think this will play a factor in his mental game, and he will become very hesitant and afraid to pull the trigger for the fear of the same thing happening.

3. His last fight was against Blachowitz who according to some sources is only ranked in the top 30. Gus should have ran though him but he didn't. Jan actually seemed to be getting the better of Gus on the feet. Then surprisingly Gus decided to avoid the feet and take him down. very interesting choice because Gus is not a wrestler usually in his attack.

4. if Gus has trouble on the feet with Jan, there is no doubt he will have trouble with Glover on the feet. Also, if Gus decided to take Glover down, it wouldn't happen, because Glover is very good on the ground and has a good guillotine choke.

to summarize, while Gus should win, he might be jinxed again by his fan base, have a mental block from fighting in sweden, and he may have degraded as a fighter based off his recent fight.

I hope he wins though,. WAR GUS

My gut tells me you're wrong. I'm not much of a Gus fan by the way. Glover just doesn't have good enough wrestling, and his slow shuffling overhand right left hook combo won't be enough. Glover Old Man Teixeira probably gets slept.

Teixeira has a ton of problems to deal with against Gus.

Gus Takedown and TDD is just outstanding, the best in LHW forsure (not saying he's the best wrestler tho)
Gus is 6'5½ and been training boxing for 16 years
Cardio for 5 hard rounds
He's young and should hit his prime now

He could choke again tho =)

Gus Takedown and TDD is just outstanding, the best in LHW forsure (not saying he's the best wrestler tho)
Cardio for 5 hard rounds

Yes i think he wil choke

Based on how Gus looked against Blachovicz I would say that Glover is going to be a handful for him. I still think Gus is the favorite to win but I wouldnt be shocked if Glover got the upset.

Yeah, my Gus tells me too that Glover will upset my Gut in sweden
Wait, what?

Not every fight is the same nor is it a video game. Sometimes you don't perform at your best and the other guy fights inspired.

I think Gus beats Glover, and makes him look bad doing so

In his last fight, Gus was getting lit up, and started panic wrestling for an easy victory via laying and praying.

I don't think it would be as easy to lay and pray on Glover. I favor Glover.

there are several reasons why. My mind tells me Gus will win this, but my gut says glover. heres why.

1. Gus fans will undoubtedly start making posts and threads about how Gus will run though him, and how gus is simply better and such. Gus fans are respectable because they stand by him no matter what and no matter how ludicrous. However, they said the same thing when he fought rumble and when he fought rampage. They would argue to the point of insanity if you made a case for rumble winning that fight. Well we remember how that happened. I truly think the overly aggressive support of Gus from his fans has jinxed him in his recent matches. i remember how rumble was boo'd in Sweden, and then after the fight you could hear a pin drop.

2. Hes fighting in Sweden. Before rumble, Gus was undefeated in Sweden. however, when he lost to rumble, i think he became very ashamed or embarrassed for losing in front of him home, I think this will play a factor in his mental game, and he will become very hesitant and afraid to pull the trigger for the fear of the same thing happening.

3. His last fight was against Blachowitz who according to some sources is only ranked in the top 30. Gus should have ran though him but he didn't. Jan actually seemed to be getting the better of Gus on the feet. Then surprisingly Gus decided to avoid the feet and take him down. very interesting choice because Gus is not a wrestler usually in his attack.

4. if Gus has trouble on the feet with Jan, there is no doubt he will have trouble with Glover on the feet. Also, if Gus decided to take Glover down, it wouldn't happen, because Glover is very good on the ground and has a good guillotine choke.

to summarize, while Gus should win, he might be jinxed again by his fan base, have a mental block from fighting in sweden, and he may have degraded as a fighter based off his recent fight.

I hope he wins though,. WAR GUS

Expert analysis

<36>

2 upsets in Sweden would be enough to make him retire imo.

If Gus shows up as rusty as he did against Jan, I can see Glover winning. Takedowns won't help Gus there.

Glover did slow down a lot so Gus certainly has a chance of outstriking him as well.

I believe Gus will get him with volume and movement plus Glover does not have a legendary gas tank

In his last fight, Gus was getting lit up, and started panic wrestling for an easy victory via laying and praying.

I don't think it would be as easy to lay and pray on Glover. I favor Glover.
Thanks.

I didnt want to come out and say he panic wrestled but he did. Its not something to be ashamed of because he got the win. But gus should not have done it vs Jan. Gus on paper has much better striking than Jan, and also Jan is not even ranked in the top 20

Cardio for 5 hard rounds

Agreed except that cardio. Both times Gus fought for title, he seemed to fade in the 4th. In both fights he lost the 5th and looked exhausted. I'm rooting for him tho. Watching him get KO'd by Rumble in sweden was brutal.

Back