Khabib completely owned Gleison what fight did people watch who

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Tibau did literally nothing the entire fight. you don't get points for stopping takedowns... and khabib was clearly the aggressor thru the entire fight...Tibau was on steroids and was caught shortly later but juiced to the gills he couldn't do not a dam thing to Khabib. Besides Rogan being stupid I don't see why people reach for straws rewatched that 5 mins ago literally Tibau did nothing entire 15 mins. Khabib was all over him from the opening bell to the final gun.

In fact not a single judge gave Gleison a round either......

Did nothing but landed more than Khabib. Not arguing who won the fight but I thought Khabib didn't look too good in this fight.

It's irrelevant regardless. It's like talking about Jose Aldo's 1st loss..

pretty much how I saw it as well. Neither guy looked great or did anything significant, but Khabib definitely pushed the pace and was much more on the offensive.

Tibau did nothing i agree, but KN wasnt successful with much either, so I dont see how we can say KN owned him at all. Its true there was a size mismatch due to steroids and that would account for tibau being able to neutralize alot,

It's another one of those myths spread by people who didn't watch the fight/can't remember the fight.

Tibau made Khabib look ineffective but he did nothing significant himself. It wasn't an impressive performance by either fighter but Khabib won it be being far more active. Neither fighter "owned" the other though.

Last edited:
All 6 media outlets that scored the fight had it for Tibau. Tibau landed more sig strikes and more total strikes:

upload_2017-2-26_16-25-16.png

I've watched and bet MMA long enough to know that TS, you're just wrong here. Khabib didn't "own" anyone, he should have lost that fight. In the betting forum the guys who BET ON KHABIB were saying he lost and they lucked out in winning their bets.

Tibau was a steroid cheat and it doesn't really matter anymore anyway, but threads like this...c'mon.

I agree with the TS. It's another one of those myths spread by people who didn't watch the fight/can't remember the fight.

Tibau made Khabib look ineffective but he did nothing significant himself. It wasn't an impressive performance by either fighter but Khabib won it be being far more active.

I've watched it twice lately in prepping for the next event and my betting. Khabib shouldn't have won, period. Neither guy looked great, but Tibau won that fight.

khabib haters digging deep to find anything to discredit him. after tony, next stop mctapperville

All 6 media outlets that scored the fight had it for Tibau. Tibau landed more sig strikes and more total strikes:

View attachment 204719

I've watched and bet MMA long enough to know that TS, you're just wrong here. Khabib didn't "own" anyone, he should have lost that fight. In the betting forum the guys who BET ON KHABIB were saying he lost and they lucked out in winning their bets.

Tibau was a steroid cheat and it doesn't really matter anymore anyway, but threads like this...c'mon.
Show the stats round by round... This isn't Pride... ;) :p

Khabibs reaction says it all.

Wasnt a great fight, khabib tried to take him down most of the fight, he couldnt meanwhile Tibau got him down easily a few times. The stand up was even enough but Khabib is v sloppy, head down swinging, Conor would fucking Maul him in standup, MAUL. If it goes ground Khabib mauls Conor its that simple imo. Khabib is not a great fighter imo, hes guida but a bit better.

View attachment 204719

Those stats don't tell the whole story. Khabib controlled Tibau and had him pressed up against the fence for most of the fight. It wasn't pretty but he was definitely the one in the more dominant position in the eyes of the judges.

Show the stats round by round... This isn't Pride... ;) :p

upload_2017-2-26_16-37-7.png

Tibau landed more sig strikes in 2 of 3 rounds, they tied in the other. Tibau outlanded Khabib in total strikes in rds 1 and 3.

Anything else I can help with?:cool:

Yeah it wasn't some kind of blowout. The guy pressing the action and dictating where and how the fight took place won. Sounds about right. You don't win being defensive the entire fight.

Those stats don't tell the whole story. Khabib controlled Tibau and had him pressed up against the fence for most of the fight. It wasn't pretty but he was definitely the one in the more dominant position in the eyes of the judges.

Pushing a guy against the cage and leaning on him for a few minutes is pretty meaningless. Khabib didn't "control" Tibau. He tries 13 times to take him down, completed zero. And he was outstruck.

Like I said, I post more in the MMA betting forum than I do here in the heavies. The guys WHO HAD BET ON KHABIB thought he lost. They were basically saying they lucked out to win their bets. I only bet the over 2.5 rounds in that fight so I didn't care who won, but I thought Tibau won for sure as well.

Again, doesn't really matter now and Tibau was popped for roids but trying to rewrite history and say Khabib "owned" Tibau is stupid. It was a pretty close fight, Tibau should have won but didn't, everyone can move on. It's not like Khabib hasn't improved a ton since then anyway. Plus I don't think Khabib was even at his physical prime yet at that point.

View attachment 204723

Tibau landed more sig strikes in 2 of 3 rounds, they tied in the other. Tibau outlanded Khabib in total strikes in rds 1 and 3.

Anything else I can help with?:cool:
I was just saying. But it's always kind of silly to say someone landed more when it was only 1 or 2... Especially when you can say that in the same regards to someone who out struck someone by 40 strikes as well. Also significants are subjective. The stats don't really paint the picture for this fight. Just looking at them you'd imagine it was a boring gun shy stand up battle with takedown attempts. But from what I remember it was mainly a Khabib wall n' stall victory. Probably his most boring if not only boring fight.

I watched the fight where Tibau outstruck him while stuffing all his takedowns. He spent a lot of time holding him against the cage and landing no offense. Big deal. That's not effective offense, and notice how it's rarely scored in fights now.

Back