Dana White:Conor McGregor Can Only Fight Floyd AFTER His UFC Contract Ends, Must Defend Belt First!!

sherdoug420

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Dana White says Conor McGregor's next fight is he MUST defend belt against winner of Tony Ferguson vs Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 209. Says Conor can box Floyd only after finishing out his UFC contract.

Heard this shit before wrt aldo.

So that's how the wind is blowing today. Let's see what tomorrow brings ...

If true, the Mayweather fight will never happen..

good if true
Now he HAS to fight the winner of Khabib/Tony. No chance of running anymore

I don't expect Conor to fight Floyd.

And he is NEVER defending shit. But, it'd kind of nice for the fraud to start acting like a real champion.

If the UFC gets what it wants $$$. They will allow the Floyd fight. But, it has to be worth it for them. Or it would be monumentally stupid to allow the exhibition match to take place.

Take what Dana says, end believe the exact opposite.

McGregor is bigger than Dana White after the sale, so Dana answers to Conor. Dana just trying to hype 209.

he wants to hype the fight against nurm and ferguson - afterward, the tone will change - the idea is to make people think that fight has some relevance - commonly, fights are considered 'number one contender fights' before a show, and afterward the tone changes - ufc will make whatever fight they want whenever, they wont be held down by promises

I'm fed up with Dana whites constant bullshit, just announce something either way or SHUT THA FUCK UP.!!

Notice that in Dana's own words, Conor's price tag just went from 25 million (which Dana offered before) to now "30 to 60 million".

This shit is on its way to happening.

McGregor is bigger than Dana White after the sale, so Dana answers to Conor. Dana just trying to hype 209.

No, Dana doesn't answer to Conor. The UFC is bigger than Conor and will always be bigger than any one fighter, otherwise it wouldn't have made it this far.

I don't expect Conor to fight Floyd.

And he is NEVER defending shit. But, it'd kind of nice for the fraud to start acting like a real champion.

If the UFC gets what it wants $$$. They will allow the Floyd fight. But, it has to be worth it for them. Or it would be monumentally stupid to allow the exhibition match to take place.

I think for Conor it's more about how he can maximize his income while taking minimum risk to his career and health. I don't think he's afraid to defend his title but I think he's opportunistic to pimp out as much as he can every fight.

Notice that in Dana's own words, Conor's price tag just went from 25 million (which Dana offered before) to now "30 to 60 million".

This shit is on its way to happening.

Doubt it. I think that was just Dana estimating how much Conor will likely get against Floyd.

Technically he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants

Doubt it. I think that was just Dana estimating how much Conor will likely get against Floyd.

I'm reading between the lines here. Everything is a negotiation. And between Conor, Floyd, and Dana's recent comments, it sounds to me like things are getting closer.

Back