How would George "Saint" Pierre vs Demian Maia go?

Officer_Brown

The Cuck of MMA betting. Look at my pretty face.
Banned
Reaction score
I think this is the best comeback fight for GSP. No chance of him getting stopped by strikes or getting his face punched in. It would be a real awesome grappling fight. Who takes it and how?

Did you see Maia vs Rory? This goes the same way, except GSP doesn't lose the first round.

my best guess is GSP keeping it standing and jabbing up Maia for the whole fight, but you never know Maia may get a takedown..if he did that'd be damn interesting them 2 on the ground

Saint in good condition jabs to decision win, now who knows.

only thing ppl are forgetting is that Maia doesn't need a takedown. He needs to get George on the ground. Hence he grabs him and pulls guard/ falls down - job done. There is really no difference for him if he is on the bottom or on top. If you try to punch him from top position you lose under hook an you're reversed every time. That said it might not be as simple with George. I would definitely want to see this one

tumblr_mb0te4E86p1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

GSP jabs his way to a decision whilst stuffing several takedowns along the way.

Maia by single leg, backpack, and RNC in the first.

Jab, jab, jab, superman punch, takedown at the end of the round...

GSP boxes the shit out of him and the fight never hits the ground.

I think this is the best comeback fight for GSP. No chance of him getting stopped by strikes or getting his face punched in. It would be a real awesome grappling fight. Who takes it and how?
You know saint is part of his name not his nickname?

Jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab clinch jab Jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab clinch jab Jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab clinch jab Jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab clinch jab Jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab clinch jab

Back