I have to pick Tony over Khabib.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For one simple reason. They are REALLY close skill wise, but I think Tony is going to get more hits in, and it will wear on Khabib. I could see a late finish or decision for Tony. Of course as always in MMA, nothing is black and white. I would give Khabib much better odds to beat Conor if he ever comes back.

Agree for the most part.

I DO think Khabib is going to have success early and probably have Cucuy in some trouble on the ground, but I think he weathers a very violent storm and wears Khabib down, stopping him late in the fight.

I'm just hoping everyone involved has fun and learns a valuable lesson about life and themselves when all is said and done.

Dude you kind of say it like it's a bad thing. I'd probably pick Tony over Khalabib also. Even if I'm wrong, it's still a close call as to who's going to win and I'd rather have a different opinion than jump on the bandwagon.

Agree for the most part.

I DO think Khabib is going to have success early and probably have Cucuy in some trouble on the ground, but I think he weathers a very violent storm and wears Khabib down, stopping him late in the fight.
If Tony wins, it is probably going to be because of his endurance and sheer toughness. I don't see Khabib submitting him, and I don't really see Khabib TKO'ing or KO'ing him either because of that chin. If Khabib wins, its most likely by pure grappling/wrestling domination and now allowing Tony to go on full offense like he usually does. Gonna be a great fight though, such good talents and such polar opposites. These have got to be the most exciting types of fights in MMA when you have such contrasting styles at the top of their games going at it.

I like Khabib, but he has never faced a fighter, as well rounded, as Ferguson.
I also feel as though he's closed minded about BJJ. I know the T-shirt was a troll, but if he honestly doesn't respect BJJ, he'll get choked out 10th planet style, because of ignorance. The LockDown, and Rubber guard are the future. IMO
miller5.gif

Khabib asked and he shall receive the interim title. Whats with Khalabib anyway?

Wow.....
Khabib has never faced as skilled a fighter as Ferguson? How about MJ (who got the UD over Ferguson) or RDA (before anyone heard about RDA having trouble making weight and right before he went on his title run).

Khabib via domination. I like Ferguson but I don't see how he wins. He's not out grappling Khabib. He can't unleash his impressive, full arsenal of strikes because he's gonna end up on his back.

People talk about Khabib possibly gassing but RDA woke up in the 4th/5th round against RDA and had his best success then so if anything Ferguson slows down.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm going with Khabib all the way. He makes a statement in this fight that Conor can't duck andmakes it clear that he's either the best 155 fighter on the planet.

BTW, I picked Ferguson over RDA.

Wow.....
Khabib has never faced as skilled a fighter as Ferguson? How about MJ (who got the UD over Ferguson) or RDA (before anyone heard about RDA having trouble making weight and right before he went on his title run).

Khabib via domination. I like Ferguson but I don't see how he wins. He's not out grappling Khabib. He can't unleash his impressive, full arsenal of strikes because he's gonna end up on his back.

People talk about Khabib possibly gassing but RDA woke up in the 4th/5th round against RDA and had his best success then so if anything Ferguson slows down.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm going with Khabib all the way. He makes a statement in this fight that Conor can't duck andmakes it clear that he's either the best 155 fighter on the planet.

BTW, I picked Ferguson over RDA.
Very valid points. And you may be right. I actually think the fight will go pretty much as you say except Tony will just barely get enough strikes in early to make the difference latter.

this fight is more a mental durability fight. i think khabib is mentally stronger.

Tony will have the advantage early with his superior standup. Khabib will need to weather the storm, press the fight and get a takedown or its going to be a rough night.

Khabib better not win.

Wrasslers don't deserve to be anywhere near a title.

Yep, tony can't won't be able to defend khabibs takedown. Khabib will beat him up on the ground.

I got khabib. The only way I see tony possibly winning is if he cuts khabib and the doctors call the fight.

Khabib asked and he shall receive the interim title. Whats with Khalabib anyway?

It's a reference to the Joe Rogan podcast when Joey Diaz was going off saying that "Khalabeeb" should get a shot at the title V Conor

I'm going with Tony easy. Khabib's striking is Ronda level in comparison to his peers. I mean it is atrocious. Of course, he does have the best wrestling, which is tremendous. However, Tony's wrestling is pretty solid so I think he can keep it standing for a couple of minutes a round to do some good damage. When/if he does get taken down, Tony should be able to survive to the next round to do some serious damage on his feet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back