mcgregor has a better shot against Ferguson.

C0NCH3TO

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Tony Ferguson likes to go toe to toe and gets very wild. Khabib does pretty much the same but the big difference is that he can adjust his gameplan to shoot for td only. I dont know if Ferguson can take Mcgregor down at will. I am sure Khabib can.

Imo both are baaad matchups for Goat but he definitely has a better shot against Cucuy.

Fergilicous and K-Bob are both awful at striking and throw wild bullshit and rely on their ground game to not get demolished on the feet. Conor has the clear CLEAR advantage on the feet against both guys.

Great match ups to be made between those 3.

Ideally it should have been McGregor/Khabib first with Tony getting a shot at the winner.

Conor has the clear CLEAR advantage on the feet against both guys.

Absolutely.....that being said, Mcgregor's ground game is atrocious, that's why imo Khabib and Cucuy are a bad matchup. Specially Khabib.

Fergilicous and K-Bob are both awful at striking and throw wild bullshit and rely on their ground game to not get demolished on the feet. Conor has the clear CLEAR advantage on the feet against both guys.

I think Ferguson would handle Alvarez on the feet with his huge reach advantage.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him hang on the feet with McGregor.

Fergeson is definitely a better matchup for him style wise.

Conor is clearly best off standing and striking with either, but khabib will be trying hard to get it to the ground, whereas fergusen might stand and bang with him

Absolutely.....thay being said Mcgregors ground game is atrocious too, that's why imo Khabin and Cucuy are a bad matchup. Specially Khabib.

It's not atrocious. It's a bit above average for the entire UFC LW division. and a bit below average for the LW top 10, but from his past couple of fights he's been working A LOT on his TDD

Watch Cucuy switch shit up and go almost pure wrestling / BJJ against McG.

heh

Ferguson is taller with a longer reach. A more diverse striker and excellent grappler. I think he owns Conor in any aspect of the fight. He also seems to do well figuring out fighters as the fight goes on and beating them down, a gritty tough fighter with tons of heart and endless gas tank. What does Conor have besides his left hand? The only thing I would be suspect of is someone taking the loss and a big check and bouncing out. Thats why Khabib needs to face CM, I dont think he would sell out.

So I guess you're right TS. McGregor would have a better shot at Ferguson

Last edited:
It's not atrocious. It's a bit above average for the entire UFC LW division. and a bit below average for the LW top 10, but from his past couple of fights he's been working A LOT on his TDD
his bjj is bad dude. His tdd has improved but Nate and Jose are not particularly hardcore wresslers. He had a flawless performance against Eddie though, cant knock him on that one.

Look im not a hater, Mcgregor is great and standing with him is a death sentence, but last time he fought a really good wressler he got taken down at will. Imo his bjj and wresslin are still a hole in his game.

Ferguson is taller with a long reach. A more diverse striker and excellent grappler. I think he owns Conor in any aspect of the fight. He also seems to do well figuring out fighters as the fight goes on and beating them down, a gritty tough fighter with tons of heart and endless gas tank. What does Conor have besides his left hand?

This is the most annoying thing anyone can say. He has great footwork, timing, speed, and distance management.

his bjj is bad dude. His tdd has improved but Nate and Jose are not particularly hardcore wresslers. He had a flawless performance against Eddie though, cant knock him on that one.

Look im not a hater, Mcgregor is great and standing with him is a death sentence, but last time he fought a really good wressler he got taken down at will. Imo his bjj and wresslin are still a hole in his game.

It's definitely the weakest part of his game, but it's not bad. He is a legit brown belt who trains specifically for keeping it standing, which will help your gains as your basically training for 1/2 the game.

This is the most annoying thing anyone can say. He has great footwork, timing, speed, and distance management.
he definitely does. Keeping it standing with Mcgregor is too risky. Nate Diaz can take lots of punishment , idk if any other lw can handle that amount of punishment.

He has a good chance against both, definitely has a better chance with Ferg who likely will keep it standing and not mix it up.

It's definitely the weakest part of his game, but it's not bad. He is a legit brown belt who trains specifically for keeping it standing, which will help your gains as your basically training for 1/2 the game.
i can be a brownbelt from the mcdojo around the corner. Few bjj schools are legit.... love Ireland but they dont have legit bjj schools over there.

Last edited:
i can be a brownbelt from the mcdojo around the corner. Few bjj schools are legit.... love Ireland but they dont have legit bjj schools over there.

Come on now. SBG is not a mcdojo. It's one of the best gyms in Europe.

Back