One of the most underrated upset victory in 2016

Far from an upset. Robbie was very active before and worn down. Tyron was fresh and hungry from a long layoff. Great timing for tyron.

It wasn't an upset but it was definitely racist to see people wowing at Woodley's explosive power and talking about how Lawler just has to survive the first rounds so Woodley would gas out. Like WTF?

Odds were definitely too close to call it any kind of an upset. I was surprised at the outcome, but that was only because of how quickly and the manner it was finished.

All I know is with GSP back in the fold, Woodley and Wonderboy have a lot more to fight for this time around.

Far from an upset. Robbie was very active before and worn down. Tyron was fresh and hungry from a long layoff. Great timing for tyron.

Was Robbie's first fight in 7 months. That kind of activity is usually considered better then being sidelined for over a year.

Don't think it was that big of an upset. Robbie got caught and it happens. Would love to see a rematch !!!

A lot of people were saying Robbie's chin may be starting to fade due to the fights with Rory,Condit and Hendricks.

Those who predicted Woodley would win tended to think that Robbie was not quite the same fighter after the epic wars with Rory, Hendricks and Condit.

It's clear that Rory is not the same fighter after their 2nd fight so it's not surprising that all the damage Robbie has accumulated over the years, especially recently, has taken its toll. The dude has been fighting a long long time.

Aside from the Nate fight, I haven't really seen Tyron take that much damage at all.

robbie has always been easy to hit,but he had a pretty good chin. i'd say it was a case of crybaby carrying a lot of power.

So, when the good guy fights often he is worn down, meanwhile if the bad guy fights often he is sharp and ready, and when the good guy fights after a long layoff he has ringrust, when the bad guy fights after a long layoff he is fresh and hungry.
But it doesn't work like that.

I hate when these kind of excuses get throw because it's a way of downplaying the accomplishment of the new champions who busted their ass off to be where they are.

Back