Why do you think Masvidal isn't liked?

TheGumby

Claymation Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I'm starting to gain a lot of respect for him. Wants to stay active and fight and isn't as conservative as I remember. I would like to see him fight Nick or Nate, I feel it would be a very fun lead up as well as an entertaining fight.

People are all over him now that he's finishing fights somewhat consistently. Before they disapproved of his cruising and then whining about not getting decisions.

I'd like to see him fight Cowboy again. (I know it won't happen) I feel Cowboy with a different game plan would win a rematch. JMO. I'm a Cowboy fan and I hated to see him lose to Masvidal. I don't like cocky, arrogant fighters and that is my prerogative.

He could have been one of THE best WWs if he had given more of a f*kc . Seems like he is on that path now

He's been inconsistent in the past and he's too hood for some folks...

Anyone think a Nick or Nate match would be entertaining as all hell. Dude comes to fight it seems now and we all know Nick nor Nate are opposed to that.

he is liked.

i remember the poll when he lost to iaquinta. was like 200 votes for masvidal and like 30 for al. also remember myself and a couple others feeling like he bested rustam khabilov.

He's liked by most hardcores I'd say, but he's too "street" for the casuals. I definitely think calling out Cerrone then starching him (a couple times) is a step in the right direction.

I thought he was liked?

I don't think it's that he's disliked. He's always been very good and to some extent conservative. Was looking a bit like he'd settled or plateaued for awhile. The manner in which he disposed of Cerrone hopefully will be a sign of brighter and more violent showings to come. He's had his moments all along tho. It's getting to a critical point in his career and he seems to be dedicating a lot more time to making sound bytes and a media presence. It would be cool if it all comes together for him. He's long been the best Floridian Mixed Martial Artist competing.

He's been inconsistent in the past and he's too hood for some folks...

He's liked by most hardcores I'd say, but he's too "street" for the casuals. I definitely think calling out Cerrone then starching him (a couple times) is a step in the right direction.

been a fan since he was on the streets....

Yup. He reminds us all of the baddest Hispanic kid from school had he become a prizefighter lol

racist chip on shoulder...also toby imada

he is liked.

i remember the poll when he lost to iaquinta. was like 200 votes for masvidal and like 30 for al. also remember myself and a couple others feeling like he bested rustam khabilov.
that Iaquinta fight was a clear robbery. if thats the fight where Al went into a rage of FU's the boos in the crowd was legendary.

Masvidal is a funny mofo i watched a few of his youtube self documentary video things a few years ago, i like him

Back