is khabib-tony, the hagler hearns of this generation ?

Aksacli

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
i don't care what anybody says the real main event is this fight at ufc 209.
to think of it these guys have earned this fight , no marketing no promoting no bullshit hype machine.
they have earned the buzz around this fight. just like hagler hearns back in the day and what they produced was absolutely magic!! they were behind sugar ray who had the hype behind him ( just like conor has now) and they tried earning the crowds respect. become legends.

could it be a repeat? could we see a legendary night? Are nate diaz,khabib,tony, conor the fabolous 4 of our generation?

what a blockbuster of a fight! worth every fucking penny!

Last edited:
the last time i had this feeling was when nick fought carlos condit when they were coming behind gsp. but carlos kinda stunk up the joint (which he never did before) so that one gets forgotten.

Well have to wait and see, could be a shit show lol. As long as they both make it to the cage it should be good scrap.

Remains to be seen how the fight actually plays out, but on paper this is THE biggest match-up between two of the meanest killers to ever fight at LW.

But Hagler / Hearns was one of the most violent fights in such a short space that I have ever seen in my life.

Remains to be seen how the fight actually plays out, but on paper this is THE biggest match-up between two of the meanest killers to ever fight at LW.

But Hagler / Hearns was one of the most violent fights in such a short space that I have ever seen in my life.
yeah two very violent fighters. khabib mauls people. tony creates fountains of blood. we will see

Does that mean McGregor would be Sugar Ray Leonard?

Seriously, I hope it's comparable to the Hagler/Hearns fight. I still remember watching that fight when I was 14 years old, with my old man. That one and Boom Boom Mancini vs Duk Koo Kim always stuck with me, for obvious reasons.

the last time i had this feeling was when nick fought Carlos Condit when they were coming behind gsp. but Carlos kinda stunk up the joint (which he never did before) so that one gets forgotten.
Khabib would be more like Sugar Ray Leonard to me - just an absolute phenom. Condit vs Nick may have been a fun fight, but both those guys pale in comparison next to the wunderkind Khabib, who raised from birth to become a flawless smashing machine. I have been saying it for some time, I dont think we have ever seen any close to Khabib in MMA. 155 is so stacked at the moment, but he makes the best guys look like non competitive bums, something Jones, MM or Conor can't do. And honestly, I dont think you could create a Khabib in comfy America and to create that level of savagery, you need to come from a war torn place like Dagestan where kids wrestle and do combat Sambo instead of play video games and smoke weed.

Sure.

Conor is Sugar Ray.
Nate is Duran.

No because they both cant strike for shit

very excited for this fight

hard to pick a winner

I get what you're trying to say but no. Neither has the style to make me think this could be Hagler/Hearns of MMA.

It doesn't mean it's not looking great on paper though.

Maybe it's Marvin Hagler vs John Mugabi then? ;)

NO offense but this is an awful comparison.

Does that mean McGregor would be Sugar Ray Leonard?

Seriously, I hope it's comparable to the Hagler/Hearns fight. I still remember watching that fight when I was 14 years old, with my old man. That one and Boom Boom Mancini vs Duk Koo Kim always stuck with me, for obvious reasons.

You watched those fights live? That's fucking awesome, though the aftermath of Mancini/ Kim put a bit of a downer on it obviously.

You watched those fights live? That's fucking awesome, though the aftermath of Mancini/ Kim put a bit of a downer on it obviously.
In the mid 80's most big fights were on TV or Closed Circuit, where you could go to a theater or something and watch them. But they'd be on TV the following week. Hagler/Hearns might have been a replay when they broadcast it on National TV, but the Mancini/Kim fight was live on ABC's Wide World of Sports, I think.

Idk I expect it to be lots of khabib takedowns and weird scrambles and sub attempts. Just lots of high level grappling. I don't think it will be hagler hearns esq. I could be wrong.

Back