Ronda Rousey is still young. If she has the desire, she could still make it back to the top

johncola

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
She'd need to finally acknowledge her complete lack of skills in the striking department. She'd need to recognize that this huge gap between her and the likes of Nunes, Shevchenko, Holm, GDR exists, and that it always existed.

She'd need to accept that she'd been deluded by others and herself, and that she's wasted some of her training time on things that clearly weren't working. She needs to understand sunk cost fallacy, and avoid committing it.

From there, she needs to find a trainer capable of helping her close that gap. Take two years, and focus almost entirely on striking. She only needs to be good enough to get what she's still the best in the world at in fights; her aggressive judo and submission game.

This would be a huge task, but it's far from impossible. She used to talk about being remembered as "the best ever". Well, a comeback of this magnitude would speak more to that than a run of continued dominance would have.

Currently, her Hollywood career is dead. She's limited to guest roles on middling network TV dramas. If she wants to get back to where she was, she needs to give fighting another go. Otherwise, she'll soon be retired from both sport and entertainment.

Last edited:
She'd need to finally acknowledge her complete lack of skills in the striking department. She'd need to recognize that this huge gap between her and the likes of Nunes, Shevchenko, Holm, GDR exists, and that it always existed.

She'd need to accept that what she'd been deluded by others and herself, and that she's wasted some of her training time on things that clearly weren't working. She needs to understand sunk cost fallacy, and avoid committing it.

From there, she needs to find a trainer capable of helping her close that gap. Take two years, and focus almost entirely on striking. She only needs to be good enough to get what she's still the best in the world at in fights; her aggressive judo and submission game.

This would be a huge task, but it's far from impossible. She used to talk about being remembered as "the best ever". Well, a comeback of this magnitude would speak more to that than a run of continued dominance would have.

Currently, her Hollywood career is dead. She's limited to guest roles on middling network TV dramas. If she wants to get back to where she was, she needs to give fighting another go. Otherwise, she'll soon be retired from both sport and entertainment.
She'd need a motivational coach, and that's where you come in.

I doubt Edmond even wants a comeback from her

The cynic in me says her Nunes fight was a a work, the realist in me just realizes Rousey is a human punching bag. UFC should have never put Ronda in with Nunes for her comeback fight. She should have fought Mcman or Pena. Someone who would grapple with her.

30 is a young age to do many things but mma is definitely not one of them.

In before THE gif.
Which one?

Tdrfjsx.gif
CiXsqMS.gif

omg not this shit again
inb4 ' she should leave edmond and change camps '
fuck this topic

ps (besides, nobody leave coach)

Do you realize how behind she is in her striking? She has no double legs either.

Her mental game is too weak to make any significant changes

I agree with TS. It probably won't happen because she's been mentally derailed.

Ronda would not beat Amanda. That being said, she would still tap 90% of that weak division on any given night. She just can't get hit.

my friend no... this sherdog nerdrage ronda hate is far beyond silliness but she is done... I hope she realizes that too, this time..

I guess in the broadest "nothing-is-impossible" (wink) sense. But she is closer to the end of her athletic prime than the beginning and she wasted years with a horrifically bad coach/con-artist.

Ronda may have the desire, but she doesn't have the headmovement.

Back