Best overall grappler in AKA

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
Who is the best overall grappler (wrestling + ground game) relatively to weight class in AKA currently?
Cain, DC, Rockhold, Khabib, McGeary?

come on now.

"i always wanted to say end of thread"

-khabib

Who is the best overall grappler (wrestling + ground game) relatively to weight class in AKA currently?
I'll go with Cain because he puts a beating on people, and does it against the top of the division. DC is there, but couldn't do it against Jones, Khabib is there but hasn't done it against top 5 guys. I'm not knocking them, but Cain's ground and pound/wall and pound has been relentless, and he never stops.

man its a scary thought. when i watched rockhold vs weidman and thought about who rockhold trains wrestling with...yeah. :|

Mcgeary the way he handled Davis was phenomenal

Khabib is pretty good

DC... dude picked josh barnett up above his head and slammed him... who does that?!

1.Khabib
2. DC
3. Cain
4. Luke
5. McGeary

Overall based on size, strength, cardio - I think Cain will win vs all of them.. but skill-wise and p4p wise thingie it's all Khabib.

Luke is the answer. Khabib has great wrestling but I don't think his bottom game is on the level of Luke's. So when it comes to ''OVERALL" grappling, Luke is the most well rounded of the bunch..

Luke is the answer. Khabib has great wrestling but I don't think his bottom game is on the level of Luke's. So when it comes to ''OVERALL" grappling, Luke is the most well rounded of the bunch..

I'd say Khabib based on versatility.

1.Khabib
2. DC
3. Cain
4. Luke
...........................................................................................................................................
100,005. McGeary

Overall based on size, strength, cardio - I think Cain will win vs all of them.. but skill-wise and p4p wise thingie it's all Khabib.

Fixed

DC has the best wrestling.

Luke has the best bjj.

Khabib is prob the best overall grappler, factoring in both wrestling & jiu jitsu.

McGeary ain't even in the conversation.

Yea strange choice from TS to add him in.

I was also surprised by Luke when I was making the list he is such a beast in terms of subs and BJJ but so weak, so very weak in the wrestling skill.. the dude is a giant for his division and looks to be strong, in shape, no fat on him, huge stats all around but he ain't got much to offer in terms of wrestling he gets the job done and it's effective but it's more based on that physicality.. when he gets you down it's chances that high level BJJ kicks in and you are done for most of the time.

There are stories from AKA that Khabib a much smaller guy takes Luke down the big 6'3 - 215 lbs dude that can easily bulk up and be a proper LHW.

It takes DC big fast ass to put him in his place but he has the skills for it and he is way bigger 225-230 lbs in shape, to much weight to move around especially when he knows what to do.

Back