How good is Tony Ferguson ?

One MMA Fan

@Gold
Reaction score
Win, lose, draw by next weekend how do you feel about Tony ?

Do you consider Tony elite level, a very well rounded fighter, do you have him in the top 3 or top 5 LW in today's worldwide rankings.

Tony-Ferguson.jpg

If he wins, that is a TEN FIGHT streak, against the best of the division.

Dude will be the current best of LW.

I'm wondering the same thing as well. His highlights on youtube looks amazing... lankiness reminds me a little of Michael Page but without the flash and craziness, also doesn't seem afraid to engage opponents.

Potentially on a GOAT run right now. If he beats Khabib it'll be a top 10 run in UFC history. Same for Khabib if vice versa.

I think he's very good, legitimate top 5 guy. He's not young though, 32 or 33 years old? I think he's in his prime right now and surging with his own momentum. I could see him beating pretty much any Lightweight in the division, but I feel like he could lose to a lot of Lightweights too.

Ferguson is legit. Very well rounded. I expect a war against Khabib !!!

9 wins in a row. 6 finishes. Wins over Trullijo, Tibau, Thomson, Barboza, Vannetta, RDA.

But he's overrated. Barely top 15 material.

Well rounded but sloppy. Top 3 LW i believe, although there are a few guys outside the top 3 that would beat him based on the matchup

Im picking him vs khabib, but giving him little chance against Conor

Taken WAY TOO MUCH damage for all his wins!

Chin about to go soft like Chuck.

He is one of the best for sure. He is very creative with his striking and subs. He has a good chin and great cardio. He is not afraid to let it go too, he isn't a hesitant fighter. He has super fast subs, especially his d'arce choke, if he gets that its over.

He is legit, win lose or draw

He relies on his him too much which will catch up with him eventually but in the meantime makes for exciting fights.

Some of the best offensive BJJ in MMa - his d'arce might be the most dangerous finishing move around (however I don't see it working on Khabib due to his body clinch style, but lethal on most traditional wrestlers)

i think he takes the decision over khabib, and thats not number one bullshit

Back