The GSP Debacle...

NHB.SQ87

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
GSP's comeback is no doubt a huge boost for the UFC, but just how in the fuck is it going to work? The only way I can see it is he tries to reclaim the WW title.

1) Don't even give me this shit about him coming back at 155, that's just retarded. He can't make that weight without becoming Skelator, especially now, and even if he could it would damage his legacy, quite frankly.

2) A Bisping title fight at 185 might be all well and good, but it's a different story with Romero or Jacare, or Rockhold, ect... I think he's just too small for the weight class, and he never did it before, so why now after 3 years off?

People keep throwing around names like Silva, and even McGregor... it's all nonsense. If he just wants to make big $, then fine, casuals will buy the hell out of it, but if we are talking real competition here - the only way I see it working is if he fights Woodley, or another top 3 WW. Thoughts?

he'll fight either conor or diaz at 170. neither has anything to lose by losing to gsp and both will sell huge.

One of the greatest returns.

Not a debacle.

He beats Bisping and takes the championship and then drops in weight and vacates belt right after he wins it. Who knows if he would beat Bisping though.

All Time Great returns, gonna put on a show and he wins...

No debacle or debuckle...

GSP is friends with Wonderboy, he doesn't want to interfere, those two will not fight so WW is out of the question for now according to GSP.

EDIT, the WW title is out of the question, he could still fight at 170 I guess.

He can't make that weight without becoming Skelator
Skelator is buff..

latest

GSP's comeback is no doubt a huge boost for the UFC, but just how in the fuck is it going to work? The only way I can see it is he tries to reclaim the WW title.

1) Don't even give me this shit about him coming back at 155, that's just retarded. He can't make that weight without becoming Skelator, especially now, and even if he could it would damage his legacy, quite frankly.

2) A Bisping title fight at 185 might be all well and good, but it's a different story with Romero or Jacare, or Rockhold, ect... I think he's just too small for the weight class, and he never did it before, so why now after 3 years off?

People keep throwing around names like Silva, and even McGregor... it's all nonsense. If he just wants to make big $, then fine, casuals will buy the hell out of it, but if we are talking real competition here - the only way I see it working is if he fights Woodley, or another top 3 WW. Thoughts?
Skelator.....the long lost brother of Skeletor.

giphy.gif

I don't see it as a debacle in any way. It's possible that GSP's return fight will not live up to the hype nor the money-making expectations...so it'll be huge instead of very huge. But a fight against Conor will be very, VERY huge, the UFC fight of the decade, if only for the hype. It'll keep the WW and MW title contentions honest, and cement the winner of Tony/Khabib as the rightful and well-deserved LW champ. It'll keep Conor away from Floyd for the time being, bringing him back to what he is best at doing, and where he is celebrated, and makes him a lot of money. No matter who wins the fight it'll be tremendous. I see it as a catchweight fight, maybe 162.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, if you've been following GSP these last few years its obvious he wants a "money fight". If he wants a fight for the WW strap, then he completely deserves it. He walked away as the champ and he should be able to fight for that title. The other fight that makes sense is Anderson Silva. Maybe 5 years too late, but still would be a draw. The UFC is in the initial stages of death, and the canary in the coal mine is the constant clamoring for so called money fights as if everyone wants to be connor. Its fine to want it. But don't fucking say it. Fighters are looking at a paycheck instead of the number one contender. Goodbye relevance...hello boxing.

Back