Is Shogun really 7th best LHW in the world

seiger

Posting from a UK no-go zone in Northern Ireland
Banned
Reaction score
Is there really only 7 men on this planet who can beat Shogun in that weight range?

Chael beat him clean. OSP. Gus. etc

He is ranked top 7 or 8 if you include JJ.

Champion : Daniel Cormier
1 Anthony Johnson
2 Alexander Gustafsson
3 Glover Teixeira
4 Ryan Bader
5 Jimi Manuwa
6 Mauricio Rua

I feel like theres gotta be 7 guys better than Shogun at this point out there. Or 8 including JJ.

chael beat him. phil davis would beat him. osp beat him.

where are all the rising stars at lhw?

He's the 1st best, he's just been unperforming. Champion in 2017/early 2018.

The Shogunate will rise again!

Have you seen the state of the LHW division these days?

WME shipping all the LHWs to bellator

good god looking at the top ten, the UFC lhw division is dead lol.

DC getting old and injuries, jones is a screwup, gus has had injuries and motivation issues, glover is slow and not looking good, shogun is like 10 years past his prime, Misha bader and kyrlov are all gone.

What a trash division. Good thing is that its making bellators lhw division great.

Rankings don't matter

Damn shame they let Bader go I think Shogun has enough power in his hands to put him to sleep if he could connect.

Shogun is getting that belt back!

Or he's going to get brutally ko'd for the 10th time. We'll see.

Look who is in the LHW division. Bader gone, Phil Davis gone, JJ on the shelf...I would say that is about right for now.

LHW is garbage these days. There are only 4 guys who matter and of them, Jones is always suspended, Cormier and Gus are always hurt and Rumble just beats up the rest of the top 10.

According to Fightmatrix he's the 8th ranked LHW.

Junkie has him at 18th.

Sherdog has him below 15th.

I wish Shogun would retire he's 10 years past his prime and has nothing left to prove.

No, I have him as the champion.

Man the UFC LHW division looks so weak it only has like 4-5 top names and NOTHING after for 2017 standards.

Haha best joke all day.

I was joking of course but imagine, Shogun beats Villante, then one more win in 2017, Cormier beats Rumble but doesnt fight again till 2018, hes booked against Jones but the fight falls through again, no one else is available at short notice but Shogun who pulls a Bisping on the now nearly 40 year old Cormier and is crowned LHW champ

A man can dream anyway :p

Back