GOAT at each weight class

nated0g43

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
There is a lot of debate on who the MMA GOAT is. But when you break it down by weight class, that debate seems to die down a bit. Please tell me where I am wrong :)

HW - Fedor

LHW - Jon Jones

MW - Silva

WW - GSP

LW - BJ

FW - Conor

BW- Cruz

Fly W - DJ

HW: Conor
LHW: Conor
MW: Conor
WW: Conor

...You see where i'm going with this

1j3lih.jpg

There is a lot of debate on who the MMA GOAT is. But when you break it down by weight class, that debate seems to die down a bit. Please tell me where I am wrong :)

HW - Fedor

LHW - Jon Jones

MW - Silva

WW - GSP

LHW - BJ

FW - Conor

BW- Cruz

Fly W - DJ

"LHW - BJ"

There's no way BJ's the LW GOAT. His best LW win might be Kenny Florian for God's sake. His 2nd best win in Sherk would be a smallish FW today.

LW doesn't have a GOAT yet, IMO.

Heavyweight - Fedor Emilanenko
Light-heavyweight - Jon Jones
Middleweight - Anderson Silva
Welterweight - Georges St.Pierre
Lightweight - B.J.Penn
Featherweight - Jose Aldo

Flyweight- Demetrious Johnson.

Bantamweight- Barao. Or Cruz.

Featherweight- Jose Aldo.. No question.

Lightweight- BJ Penn.

Welterweight- GSP.. No question.

Middleweight- Anderson Silva. No question.

Lightheavyweight- I'm gonna go with Jon Jones.

Heavyweight- This is where things get interesting. Kind of a crapshoot to be honest. Did Fedor fight top competition? Does Werdum getting knocked out damage his legacy? Did we ever see the true potential of Cain Velasquez? For now, I'm going to go with my man FABRICIO WERDUM.

Yeah lets have a Greatest of alltime by weight class, why not by every fight?

For LW at this point I'd have to give GOAT to Frankie. It's close, but he has the most high level wins, and doesn't have any "bad" losses. They're all to elite fighters (Maynard 1 excluded), and he was at least competitive in all the losses.

HW - Fedor

LHW - Jon Jones (*PEDs)

MW - Silva (*PEDs)

WW - GSP

LW - Gomi

FW - Aldo

BW- Cruz

Fly W - DJ

MMA - Sakuraba

images

Yes you are wrong. Is Weidman MW GOAT cuz he beat Silva twice?
Did Weidman move up a weight class after beating Silva and win the belt? Is Conor on a 2 fight losing streak. I love to hate on Conor more than the next guy but at 145 he can't be touched. That can't be said for Weidman at 185

oh so Aldo better than the guy who starched him in 13 sec? thats the one i got wrong? just lol

Oh so Cruz is better than the guy who made him look like an amateur for 5 rounds? that's the one I got wrong? just lol

Oh so BJ is better than the guy who beat him 3 times? that's the one I got wrong? just lol

Oh so Silva is better than the guy who knocked him out death and beat him in a rematch by checking a leg kick? that's the one I got wrong? just lol

Oh so Fedor is better than the guy who tapped him easily in the 1st round? that's the one I got wrong? just lol

#TheLogic

Back