Which underrated fighter did you believe in when most others didn't?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Not in terms of winning an upset in a single fight, but who did you think for a long time would be able to rise to the top and do big things when most of the fanbase didn't rate them that highly? For example if you thought Woodley would be champion someday during the time when many thought him overranked thanks to Condit getting injured and not that good for a top 5, or if you always believed Bisping could be champion no matter how stacked the top of MW became. Mine are "Greater Than Great" Tate of course who I expected to beat all her opponents since bulking up to be more suited to BW (which she did up until Nunes), and Werdum who people overlooked for most of his UFC run but I thought could beat most other HWs including Cain because he had awesome BJJ and, well, beat the GOAT!

Who did you think was "that good" when most didn't?

Maybe Sonnen. I didn't follow much 2000's UFC but he looked strong, strong jawline, looked like a MW, LHW jock.

I always had hopes if Rumble stopped cutting so much damn weight he could be successful.

I knew Frankie and Cain would both hold gold.

I always thought Matt Serra was underrated. Even now people just talk about his beating GSP as a complete fluke. He had some serious skills and if he ate a little less pasta he could have been a top ten lightweight.

Gegard Mousasi... he will be the MW champion this year.

Brandon Vera.

I gave up on him when Thiago Silva played him like a bongo drum.

Erick Silva! I still believe. dam it.....he's still young and a great prospect who has a tone of potential and will be a contender one day.

I told my father and my brother in law in 2007 that frankie edgar would be the champion within 4 years. 2010 he was holding gold

I mean ones that you were right about lol, I would've put Bigfoot for "guy who I thought would be a great but faltered."
In that case, Stipe Miocic. I told someone after his first fight in the UFC that he would be the HW champ.

Cody No Love, T-Wood, Ngannou, and I had no doubt Holly Holm would beat Ronda's ass.

RDA, Rumble, and Guillard for me. After dos anjos ate that uppercut from Stephens without going out I was a fan and always thought if rumble or the young assassin got a shitle tot they'd have a chance.

This was when rumble fought at 170 and Gsp was champ and when Penn was the lw champ.

Back