Thompson vs woodley 2 thoughts

jrleclerc88

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just rewatched the first fight.. Thompson controlled much more of the fight and implemented his game much better. Thompson made a couple of mistakes which caused him to get caught. Thompson had very little to game plan off of (tyron was off for a year and a half, one shotted Robbie then faught for belt)... I say Thompson makes the adjustments and gets the w in a hard faught decision

Just rewatched the first fight.. Thompson controlled much more of the fight and implemented his game much better. Thompson made a couple of mistakes which caused him to get caught. Thompson had very little to game plan off of (tyron was off for a year and a half, one shotted Robbie then faught for belt)... I say Thompson makes the adjustments and gets the w in a hard faught decision
Thompson knows what to expect now. But that doesn't make Woodley's hands less heavy.

I was confused. Was told big muscle gas in 1st round. And holding a choke too long will wear your arms out.

Woodley by KO early rounds

I think Thompson can win this fight he fights. He was way too tentative the first 4 rounds compared to the fifth round - his combined output in rounds 1 to 4 was about the same as round 5 alone. He needs to stay busy and offensive while avoiding the power of Woodley. Of course, that's easier said than done.

I'd like to see Woodley win in devastating fashion and become the happiest champion ever.
He's certainly got the skills to remain champ for a while...

Don't know if Thompson can't take this, only way he can win is on the feet.... he's not gonna out grapple Tyron Wb needs to pressure Tyron, well I guess try to copy what Rory and others who have beaten Tyron have done most obviously circle away from TYron's power punch and his kicks and be evasive

Back