How good is Teymur?

KYS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
David Teymur is fighting Lando Vannata next weekend at UFC 209. Not many people here give Teymur a real chance in this fight, but that might be because Lando is such a shining prospect that gave Ferguson a hell of a fight.

Teymur is 2-0 in the UFC and 5-1 overall. The two fighters he beat in the UFC are not top guys - one of them even lost to Artem Lobov - but they are not particularly bad.

Do some of you remember his fights? Do you guys think he can beat Lando?

Never heard of him. All I know is his win streak ends on the 4th.

On the 4th.

gai2DSE.gif

He's an exciting prospect in his own right. It's a shame he has to fight Lando, but he's still got a lot of potential.

David Teymur is fighting Lando Vannata next weekend at UFC 209. Not many people here give Teymur a real chance in this fight, but that might be because Lando is such a shining prospect that gave Ferguson a hell of a fight.

Teymur is 2-0 in the UFC and 5-1 overall. The two fighters he beat in the UFC are not top guys - one of them even lost to Artem Lobov - but they are not particularly bad.

Do some of you remember his fights? Do you guys think he can beat Lando?

Losing to the Russian Hammer is no shame.

I see Cub's face taking some nasty blows on the way to getting knocked the fuck out.

Teymur is relentless. He has great muay thai, he is tough as nails and he always comes forward. This will be the FOTN.

Like Temurlane the ancient warlord who nearly took over a bigger territory than Genghis Khan? This guy must be a beast to be named after him.

Like Temurlane the ancient warlord who nearly took over a bigger territory than Genghis Khan? This guy must be a beast to be named after him.
He's like that only instead of being Mongolian, he's a viking berserker.

I remember Teymur from his season of TUF, he's a very game prelim level fighter, so it should be an entertaining fight.

War L.O.G

Excellent striker, extremely tough but green. If Vannata could do that to Makdessi, he can do the same to Teymur.

he was on TUF
from what i saw he loves to stand and bang

good chin, seems to have power in dem hands, striking is solid so it should be a great standup fight

Teymur isn't the pure best striker in the world. His techniques are quite fundamental unlike Vannata who is increadibly flashy. What he is good at though is things like position, distance, timming -- reading his opponents, basically. His latest fight was basically him making his opponent follow him around, waiting until the guy commited some sort of error that enabled him to punish the guy. So while his arsenal is quite limited, it's not that much of a flaw since he mainly relies on stuff like timming and distance to win the fight. He has power and often can fool his opponents into walking into his punches.

It will be interesting to see how Vannata's much-beloved head-movement will deal with Teymur's counter-punches. But overall, while Teymur is a good fighter, Vannata just seems to good for him.

Last edited:
David isn't excactly a common Turkish first-name. I think I remember reading that he was Assyrian.

Yeah but Teymur is a common Turkish surname. According to this site 3,086 people have that surname and 2,900 of them live in Turkey. Aren't parts of Eastern Turkey basically where Assyria was?

I think he has Turkish roots, though so Mongolian would be closer.
True, he's not ethnically Swedish, but he lives there now and his style is pretty fitting to the berserkers. He keeps moving forward aggressively no matter what. The Mongols would attack and then quickly retreat, which confused Europeans and Arabs, and certainly is not how Teymur fights.

Back